Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cutting the grass

Featured Replies

Ever since Easter, it seems like I’m cutting the freaking grass like three times a week. Like every single day I’m either cutting in the grass or thinking that I have to cut the grass the next day. OK rant over!

I cut mom's when time allows. It grows like weeds, actually she has a weedy mixture anyways.

I’ve only had to cut once per week so far. I am THRILLED to report I have successfully gotten grass to grow in my backyard, but I’m not cutting it too often because I’m babying it so I have grass forever. 2/3 of my front yard is now landscaped so no mowing needed there. Just have the top, flat part of the yard and it hasn’t needed it more often yet.

After a lot of hard work and money, my lawn looks great. But I am cutting it every 4 days or so. Fortunately, we just got a new Honda mower, and it is a great piece of machinery. Our old Toro kept breaking down (3 times in the last 4 years, all related to the personal pace drive system). We got two extra years thrown in on the warranty on the Honda, so I’m pretty much worry free for the next 5 years. Tri-state Battery in Lawrenceburg, IN is where we got it, and they are an awesome company to do business with.

After a lot of hard work and money, my lawn looks great. But I am cutting it every 4 days or so. Fortunately, we just got a new Honda mower, and it is a great piece of machinery. Our old Toro kept breaking down (3 times in the last 4 years, all related to the personal pace drive system). We got two extra years thrown in on the warranty on the Honda, so I’m pretty much worry free for the next 5 years. Tri-state Battery in Lawrenceburg, IN is where we got it, and they are an awesome company to do business with.

 

I've got a Husqvarna mower with a Honda motor. First pull every time.

I've got a Husqvarna mower with a Honda motor. First pull every time.

 

I almost bought a Honda last time (about 8 years ago), but the deal on the Toro was so good (I got it about 1/2 price at the end of the season) I couldn’t pass it up. It has a Briggs motor, and it works great. The Personal Pace system though is another story. It worked great for the first few years, but Broke down for the 3rd time after our first several cuts. Considering it was around $150 to replace, I wasn’t going to do it a 3rd time. So far, the Honda is like a dream.

Just fired my grass guy today, hasnt shown up since may 2nd.

 

He has no excuse, he lives 10 houses down from me.

I've got 2 yards to do so I mow usually a couple nights a week and weedeat.

I mow once per week, usually Thursday or Friday weather permitting.

I purchased my 17.5 and 42 inch cut Yardman mower in 2002 and it’s still operating okay except for the occasional maintenance such as replacing belts.

I'm mowing twice a week, weed eating every other time I mow. Happy to report all weeds are gone thanks to weed & feeding in early spring :up:

I have a Honda that’s about 10 years old. Thing starts every single time. My wife keeps begging me to get a new, I refuse. Old trusty will be with me til she won’t kick over anymore.

I have a cub cadet riding mower with a Koehler engine. It’s about 7 years old. I’ve had the front gasket replaced on it 5-6 times. Really poor design. The oil gasket sits above the muffler and causes the gasket to warp and leak oil. After about 30 seconds of running the mower starts to smoke for a minute or so burning the oil that has dripped down. Took it back up to my buddies at Cottingham’s and they gave me a quart of oil and asked me come back in June after the repair crunch is over. Disappointed with the headache of the mower but love the customer service knowing they will fix the issue. Cub has even tried a conversion kit that did not solve the problem.

I have a Honda that’s about 10 years old. Thing starts every single time. My wife keeps begging me to get a new, I refuse. Old trusty will be with me til she won’t kick over anymore.

 

I called my lady "old trusty" once...

 

Once.

 

Then it became about trying to kick me over...

 

And over.

Edited by Runcible Owl

Just fired my grass guy today, hasnt shown up since may 2nd.

 

He has no excuse, he lives 10 houses down from me.

 

So he stopped by last night around 7pm and told me face to face, I will mow it first thing in the morning. Its now 654pm and nada.

 

Oh well, millennials, cant expect too much from them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.