Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many businesses are going to take advantage of 420 Day?

Featured Replies

So it's your belief that people need to be protected from themselves?

 

I consider all three poisons to your body. Some poisons have restrictions on their availability. The good news for these poisons and their manufacturers is there are pleasant aspects to the poisons that cause people to want them legally. We are suing pharma companies for the opioid epidemic. We are legalizing marijuana. That makes sense. :rolleyes:

  • Replies 92
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because most people, pot heads included, are lazy. :lol2:

 

Im not arguing for it against marijuana, i don't care whether or not it's legalized. But the black market won't go away.

 

A new CNN article says crime in Colorado has risen since marijuana legalization. Whether or not thats because of marijuana is debatable, however some claim it has brought in a lot of transients. The article also says legalization did nothing to the black market.

 

Colorado governor won'''t rule out banning marijuana again. Here'''s why.

 

 

Never said it would go away, but with ease of access of a legal alternative most people wouldn't bother. How many people do you know in wet counties that actually buy from a bootlegger? There may be a handful, but by and large most people will go with something that is consistent, regulated, and somewhat safer. Why bother with finding a dealer when you can just go to a local shop instead? Advantage of that too is that they won't really be looking to push harder drugs for higher profit either. Most dealers would love to have a pot head on coke or heroin since they are much more physically addicting. You average clerk making minimum wage just wants to get the transaction over with as fast as possible so they can go back to looking at their phone.

I consider all three poisons to your body. Some poisons have restrictions on their availability. The good news for these poisons and their manufacturers is there are pleasant aspects to the poisons that cause people to want them legally. We are suing pharma companies for the opioid epidemic. We are legalizing marijuana. That makes sense. :rolleyes:

 

So should we also do away with fast foods, soft drinks, junk food, etc? They all have more negatives than positives and "poison" the body as well.

 

I'm simply trying to understand why any of this, which comes down to individual personal choice, needs to criminalized?

DR told me a beer a day is good for the kidneys.

 

Wine is supposed to be good for heart.

 

Of course you arent supposed to over consume.

 

Never heard a cig a day can help you.

 

Pot has more useful benefits than cigs.

What are some of the negatives that don't also exist for cigarettes and alcohol?

Good question.

But I have heard many times spit some *baccer juice on it.

 

*Baccer--redneck term for chewing tobacco

^^^

For those from the city that arent familiar with rural area language

Never said it would go away, but with ease of access of a legal alternative most people wouldn't bother. How many people do you know in wet counties that actually buy from a bootlegger? There may be a handful, but by and large most people will go with something that is consistent, regulated, and somewhat safer. Why bother with finding a dealer when you can just go to a local shop instead? Advantage of that too is that they won't really be looking to push harder drugs for higher profit either. Most dealers would love to have a pot head on coke or heroin since they are much more physically addicting. You average clerk making minimum wage just wants to get the transaction over with as fast as possible so they can go back to looking at their phone.

They will do what is easiest and cheapest. It isn't legal now but people can find it easily. That won't change.

They will do what is easiest and cheapest. It isn't legal now but people can find it easily. That won't change.

 

More effort has to be put in to finding it now than when it is at every gas station alongside the cigarettes and vaping stuff. If we got to that point then the black market would be far less relevant due to ease of access of the legal stuff.

So should we also do away with fast foods, soft drinks, junk food, etc? They all have more negatives than positives and "poison" the body as well.

 

I'm simply trying to understand why any of this, which comes down to individual personal choice, needs to criminalized?

 

I would say the pros and cons on the three poisons are significantly more con than the other items you list above. I can appreciate the view to be liberal and let people pick their own poison. Tax it to cover the cost of the cons to society and let everyone have at it.

I would say the pros and cons on the three poisons are significantly more con than the other items you list above. I can appreciate the view to be liberal and let people pick their own poison. Tax it to cover the cost of the cons to society and let everyone have at it.

 

Not really. My body has suffered way more harm due to my abuse of fast food, soft drinks, etc than it ever has from alcohol. And I love to drink, mostly beer, but I binge most weekends. Never smoked or tried drugs except a couple instances with weed.

 

The addiction is real though. Can't tell you how many days I'm out working and have intentions of getting lunch at Subway only to lose to my internal demons and find myself at Popeye's or someplace equally as bad for me.

 

Worst part is that you have to eat it's not like I can avoid food althougher. I'd probably overeat salad if that was the only option.

 

Alcohol on the other hand I could quit if I wanted to and have gone periods where I have gone months without a drink. Really wouldn't be that hard, I just choose to drink cause I enjoy drinking beer.

 

due to the fact that I binge at times some would consider me an alcoholic, however if we viewed food addictions like we do other substances I would be a full blown bottom of the barrel addict.

due to the fact that I binge at times some would consider me an alcoholic, however if we viewed food addictions like we do other substances I would be a full blown bottom of the barrel addict.

 

The binge drinking on weekends gets the best of me too. I could stop, just don't want to haha!

I’d file this in the “Weed Should Have Been Legalized Yesterday” folder....

 

'''Helpless''': The only treatment for their baby'''s epileptic seizures was illegal

 

This article talks about a point I think a lot of people don't get. There are medicinal forms of this that don't get you high at all and contain very little of the components that get someone high. How could you be against that?

If crime is up in Colorado because of marijuana what does the data say about Alaska, Nevada, California, Maine, Washington, Oregon, Vermont, D.C. and Massachusetts? All of those states have also legalized recreational marijuana. Is crime up in those states?

 

 

And yes, I read the CNN article where it says the data doesn’t support the belief that crime is up because of marijuana and that it is just a general belief amongst some influential people in the state.

This article talks about a point I think a lot of people don't get. There are medicinal forms of this that don't get you high at all and contain very little of the components that get someone high. How could you be against that?

 

Exactly. I can understand the debate over whether recreational marijuana should be legalized. I think it should be legal, but I can at least understand that some people feel it shouldn't be.

 

I have no clue how anyone can argue against the legalization of medicinal marijuana and its benefits.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.