London more dangerous than New York?

TAC

Hasn't happened in 218 years and the rate goes from between 5% to 50% to over 100%??? Even for only 2 months that's news.

I imagine NY weather probably played a part in it but you certainly would think it would have happened many times over the course of the past 2600 months.

Also says as much about how much things have changed in New York in recent decades as it does about London. 20 years ago those numbers would have been unimaginable in NYC. Lowest rate of homicides since before WWII.

Seems like the article wants to blame it on Kahn's new campaign?

Historically, London has had a murder rate per person between half and one-twentieth of New York’s since 1800, according to FBI data and studies by University of California researcher Eric Monkkonen.

The change is partly a consequence of Mayor Khan’s campaign against using stop and search on ethnic minorities, with London police chief Cressida Dick admitting that constables have become “fearful” of confronting suspects as they “might get into trouble or might not be supported if they had a complaint”.

I'm sure unfettered out of control imigration over several years has nothing to do with it.

Unchecked immigration will always lead to that problem..

Are we 100% sure that all of these crimes are being committed by immigrants or is it just speculation from the both of you?

Just read the article. I’m confused. The title of this thread is asking the question if London is more dangerous than New York but the article clearly states London was already more dangerous than New York.

According to the article:

“Figures released last year showed London was already the more dangerous of the two cities for almost every other category of violent and sexual crime, with Londoners six times more likely to be burgled than New Yorkers, three times more likely to be raped, and one and a half times more likely to be robbed.”

So basically the only thing that was more likely to happen in New York over London was murder and after three months this year London has had more murders than New York has so now they lead in everything so I guess the answer to that question is, yes, London is way more dangerous than New York.