Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Basketball 2018/19

Featured Replies

TJ Walker just tweeted out that SKJ has announced he'll be transferring.

 

You knew it was a possibility, but became much more likely with EJ Montgomery's decision this morning.

 

I believe that Jones will develop into a really good player if he goes somewhere that he can get 30 minutes or more of playing time. He is very athletic for a big guy and also has a pretty good looking jump shot, just needs minutes and more confidence.

  • Replies 227
  • Views 68.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He considered it last year. Nice talent but didn’t improve under Cal and lacks the alpha instinct Cal looks for.

 

Disagree on both. I think he improved under Cal and I think he is more aggressive this year. However, there are other more talented players in front of him which will keep his playing time low and hence the transfer request.

Disagree on both. I think he improved under Cal and I think he is more aggressive this year. However, there are other more talented players in front of him which will keep his playing time low and hence the transfer request.

 

Alex Poythress like growth, who just got recruited over. He’s on the Chaz Matthews, Marcus Lee, Kyle Wilter path. His “growth” isn’t strong enough to hold off 17 and 18 year old frosh for playing time?

I was really hoping he would stay, but I understand.

Alex Poythress like growth, who just got recruited over. He’s on the Chaz Matthews, Marcus Lee, Kyle Wilter path. His “growth” isn’t strong enough to hold off 17 and 18 year old frosh for playing time?

 

Not guys that are top 15 recruits.

Alex Poythress like growth, who just got recruited over. He’s on the Chaz Matthews, Marcus Lee, Kyle Wilter path. His “growth” isn’t strong enough to hold off 17 and 18 year old frosh for playing time?

 

Not guys that are top 15 recruits.

 

What HT said.

Not guys that are top 15 recruits.

 

SKJ was a 5 star, #23 overall. Top 25 can’t hold off top 15 (Montgomery is #12), 2 years into the system? You all are actually making my growth point, or lack there of even stronger.

If Hagans commits today or tomorrow, which I'm hearing he may, do we still think Calipari is struggling in recruiting? lol

I believe that Jones will develop into a really good player if he goes somewhere that he can get 30 minutes or more of playing time. He is very athletic for a big guy and also has a pretty good looking jump shot, just needs minutes and more confidence.

 

I may be wrong on this, but I feel like his lack of ability to defend is what kept him off the floor at Kentucky. He could guard anyone off the dribble. He was getting better as a help defender with blocking shots, but I feel like his on ball defense is why Cal didn't play him more in the first two years.

If Hagans commits today or tomorrow, which I'm hearing he may, do we still think Calipari is struggling in recruiting? lol

 

If/When Hagans commits, Kentucky will most likely jump Duke for the #1 class.

 

I'm sure that clown Goodman will still try to spin it that Coach K still "owns him" in recruiting. :lol2:

I may be wrong on this, but I feel like his lack of ability to defend is what kept him off the floor at Kentucky. He could guard anyone off the dribble. He was getting better as a help defender with blocking shots, but I feel like his on ball defense is why Cal didn't play him more in the first two years.

 

This.

 

I'm bummed he's leaving because he showed a ton of improvement this past season compared to his freshmen season. Think he could've taken another big step forward, but like you said, his defense was his Achilles heel.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.