Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2018 Lexington Herald Leader All State Team

Featured Replies

1st Team

 

Trevon Faulker - Mercer County

Micheal Moreno - Scott County

CJ Fredrick - Covington Catholic

Adam Kunkel - Cooper

KyKy Tandy - University Heights

Mickey Pearson - John Hardin

Andrew Taylor - Corbin

Dontaie Allen - Pendleton County

Jay Scrubb - Trinity

Zion Harmon - Adair County

 

218 Kentucky All-State boys basketball team from Kentucky.com/Lexington Herald-Leader | Lexington Herald Leader

 

2018 Kentucky High School All State Teams have been announced by the Lexington Herald Leader.

Hard to pick just 10. A lot of good players this year.

I feel like individual talent in Kentucky is as strong as it has been in a long time.

I have seen all 10 play and all are deserving. It would be very hard for me to pick the best, but if I had to, Tandy is it. I make that decision on who I would build a team around. Again, all are very good players.

No David Johnson? Wow

 

Josh Moore on his Twitter account said that only two coaches from Jefferson County returned their ballots. That certainly didn't help any players from Jefferson County.

 

Having said that, the first team is pretty solid. I personally would have put David Johnson on the first team, but everyone who is on the first team is deserving.

Josh Moore on his Twitter account said that only two coaches from Jefferson County returned their ballots. That certainly didn't help any players from Jefferson County.

 

Having said that, the first team is pretty solid. I personally would have put David Johnson on the first team, but everyone who is on the first team is deserving.

 

This proves my theory that too many all-state voters vote for what they know - local guys OR they vote for local guys b/c they're homers. If your argument is "I didn't see David Johnson so how could I vote..." then we might as well not have all-star teams.

I have seen all 10 play and all are deserving. It would be very hard for me to pick the best, but if I had to, Tandy is it. I make that decision on who I would build a team around. Again, all are very good players.

 

I agree all ten are deserving. Tandy is good but if hes best in state you beat an average Campbell team. Clearly Fredrick was best in state than Moreno, Tandy, Scrubbs, Kunkle then Johnson and Faulkner

I agree all ten are deserving. Tandy is good but if hes best in state you beat an average Campbell team. Clearly Fredrick was best in state than Moreno, Tandy, Scrubbs, Kunkle then Johnson and Faulkner

 

Imo Tandy is on a different level from the others.

Agree. He was facing double teams, and squeezing him in transition vs Campbell...and still had 30 Plus. All nice players though, but supporting casts were different for each.

Agree. He was facing double teams, and squeezing him in transition vs Campbell...and still had 30 Plus. All nice players though, but supporting casts were different for each.

 

Agreed. And I've seen all 10 play. It's just hard to quantify and say who is the best. They all face different challenges on their respective teams. But the ten on this list can flat out play.

A little surprised that Cobe Penny from Anderson might have made first team. I am really shocked that Devin Young from South Oldham did not even get honorable mention.

Harmon and Tandy were the best two players in the state last season. 1 and 1A.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.