Florida State 75 Xavier 70

16thBBall Fan

Guy slid right under him. Didn’t even look close to me. The announcers can call it a “bang-bang” play all they want, but sliding underneath a leaping shooter is exactly the type of thing we should be trying to throw out of the game, not reward with an offensive foul call.

Preach.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy slid right under him. Didn’t even look close to me. The announcers can call it a “bang-bang” play all they want, but sliding underneath a leaping shooter is exactly the type of thing we should be trying to throw out of the game, not reward with an offensive foul call.

The charge call is and has been the bane of basketball. I despise it. Officials LOVE it.

The charge call is and has been the bane of basketball. I despise it. Officials LOVE it.

The charging calls in college really gets on my nerves. There were several charges called in the XU game (on both teams) and I don't think a single one was a charge.

I am not a UC or XU fan and I don't blame officials for losses. But the officiating in both games was a big factor that contributed to the losses. Was it the only factor? Of course not. Both teams made a lot of bad plays as well and have to shoulder the blame themselves for losing.