March 19, 20188 yr The final 4 from the South Regional will be for sure #5 Kentucky, #7 Nevada, #11 Loyola of Chicago (who Kentucky played this year) and either #16 UMBC or #9 Kansas State. Unreal I wonder if there has ever been a regional without the top 4 seeds? I hope someone will come up with that stat before next weekend.
March 19, 20188 yr I wonder if there has ever been a regional without the top 4 seeds? I hope someone will come up with that stat before next weekend. Well they just answered that question in the UMBC game. Never happened before.
March 19, 20188 yr Absolute meltdown by the Bearcats, biggest egg laid so far with the lead they had.
March 19, 20188 yr Just heard on the post game show that Cincinnati is in the record books for losing the largest 2nd half lead in the history of the NCAA tournament.
March 19, 20188 yr People were talking on here about a UK vs UC showdown this morning with 3 games before it would've occured. If this tournament has shown ya anything, you can't even remotely look ahead. That one would hurt me for quite a while if I was a UC fan.
March 19, 20188 yr I wonder if there has ever been a regional without the top 4 seeds? I hope someone will come up with that stat before next weekend. Just heard it is the first time that none of the top 4 seeds advanced to the Sweet 16.
March 19, 20188 yr Should have pulled Coleman out when he got his 4th foul. He could have been the difference down the stretch.
March 19, 20188 yr Should have pulled Coleman out when he got his 4th foul. He could have been the difference down the stretch. You mean Cumberland. I hear you but I see Mick's point in leaving him in. You saw what happened when Cumberland went out. But, I agree I would have sat him till the 4 minute timeout.
March 19, 20188 yr Mick says Sweet 16 isn't important - only the championship is. Says he'll let other coaches use that to build their resumes. Says he's keeping this in proper perspective. Family/friends with cancer and serious illness.
March 19, 20188 yr The final 4 from the South Regional will be for sure #5 Kentucky, #7 Nevada, #11 Loyola of Chicago (who Kentucky played this year) and either #16 UMBC or #9 Kansas State. Unreal The announcers were talking about this being the hardest bracket to advance from. They said, "see, we told you this was the hardest bracket, some great teams in this bracket and they showed it... Just not the ones we expected to. "
March 19, 20188 yr Mick says Sweet 16 isn't important - only the championship is. Says he'll let other coaches use that to build their resumes. Says he's keeping this in proper perspective. Family/friends with cancer and serious illness. When you almost never get there what else are you going to say. lol
March 19, 20188 yr I like being a member of BGP so it’s best I don’t post anything about this game for a few days, if ever. Let me help you. This team does NOT PLAY a lick of defense. NONE!!! They don't even demonstrate that they understand the concepts, SHY AWAY FROM CHARGES, all one-on-one and little weak side help. Use shot blocking as a primary defensive concept. Spread them out and go to the house. Sad! Embarrassing!!! Having great athletes will take you a long way against inferior opponents, but when push comes to shove, you better get down and play some D, or at least make the effort.
March 19, 20188 yr Let me help you. This team does NOT PLAY a lick of defense. NONE!!! They don't even demonstrate that they understand the concepts, SHY AWAY FROM CHARGES, all one-on-one and little weak side help. Use shot blocking as a primary defensive concept. Spread them out and go to the house. Sad! Embarrassing!!! Having great athletes will take you a long way against inferior opponents, but when push comes to shove, you better get down and play some D, or at least make the effort. Did you just say UC doesn’t play defense? :lol2: They’re only one of the best 2-3 defensive teams in all of college basketball. Consistently. Year in, year out.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.