Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville/West Virginia predictions

Who wins this week's Big East battle? 110 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this week's Big East battle?

    • West Virginia
      60%
    • Louisville
      40%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

No need to research ya, just going by what you said a few minutes ago...:thumb:

What I said was relating 2nd tier teams to contenders works both ways. UT is a pretender, and so is Iowa...

  • Replies 135
  • Views 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone is talking about how Louisville really hasn't played anybody that good this year...Have any of you looked at WVU's schedule?? :confused:

 

Both teams schedules aren't that good. The difference at this point, is that U of L has struggled to beat Syracuse and Cincinnati, while West Virginia has rolled over their last three opponents. So, yeah, both team's schedules are weak, but it has to raise a little concern when West Virginia is blasting people and Louisville is sputtering along. At least that's more where I'm coming from.

I hope that I am SO wrong on this but I think WV wins this one...

Brohm physically is about 98%. He'll be 100% well before next Thursday. It's mental rust that needs to be cleared for him to be fine, and except for one VERY HORRIBLE THROW last week, I would have said it was done with.

 

This is NOT the game we'll miss Bush for, btw. That was Miami. No matter how bad their offense is they still have a pretty good defense, and not having Bush to run straight at them hurt us early. If we'd had Bush, that game might have gotten out of hand. Against WVU, I think we'll be able to establish our running game well enough with the backs we have. Especially with Kolby running a little more north and south like he was last week.

 

I don't worry about our defense in this one. Louisville's front seven (and safties) are playing the run well enough that WVU isn't going to run all over us, I don't care if they can spread us out from 65 to the Watterson. Our passing defense is our weakness, and WVU can't exploit it.

What does worry me are the dropped passes. We have to catch those balls.

 

Louisville has yet to face a good offense. I wouldn't feel at east based on the performance and stats they've accumulated against mediocre offensive teams.

 

I'm not trying to argue just to argue here. I picked U of L to win this game at the start of the season, and I really hope they do. I just have a lot of reservations now due to Brohm's injury and the way the Cards have played the past two weeks. And, I think they're legitimate. I'm more concerned with U of L's offense to be honest. West Virginia is going to score some points, so the Cardinal offense needs to be more efficient than it has been.

 

I like RP's gameplan...get a lead and make WVU drive the ball. See if they get impatient. Also, it probably wouldn't hurt if U of L drove the ball themselves and kept White and Slaton off the field.

First, I think that this U of L team is conditioned much better than last year's, regardless of how they are winning they do seem to be fresh at the end of games. I like that going into this game. Also, don't let the crowd factor dissuade anybody....Papa John's is hostile, particularly at night. The black out idea, is a nice one. I think Brian is fine, I know I can't say it any other way, but he only made ONE pass that was not dead on, this past weekend. That's pretty darned good. If U of L establishes the run early, they will cruise. I truly believe that.

First, I think that this U of L team is conditioned much better than last year's, regardless of how they are winning they do seem to be fresh at the end of games. I like that going into this game. Also, don't let the crowd factor dissuade anybody....Papa John's is hostile, particularly at night. The black out idea, is a nice one. I think Brian is fine, I know I can't say it any other way, but he only made ONE pass that was not dead on, this past weekend. That's pretty darned good. If U of L establishes the run early, they will cruise. I truly believe that.

 

I hope you're right.

 

In any case, I can't wait for the game. I've been looking forward to this one all year and now that both teams have taken care of business to set up the showdown, I'm really excited to watch it. Who would have ever thought U of L and West Virginia would be playing in one of the biggest games of the year?

 

I almost think the winner would be better off the game was close, because if one team blows the other out, then I guarantee the popular opinion will become that the loser was exposed and they weren't that good to start with.

^ excellent point.

 

It's possible that it could affect the human polls a little if that happens. Maybe I'm thinking to deeply into it, but...

 

U of L already has the deck stacked against them when it comes to making headway in the polls...they need all the help they can get.

With USC losing, this game now takes on even more hype.

 

Winner has a great possibility of being the new #3 and waiting for either Michigan or Ohio State to lose.

I just wanted to give the UL fans props in that this thread has gone 100 posts without a UL fan wondering if WVU would stomp on the turkey.....I mean bird.:D :D :D

I just wanted to give the UL fans props in that this thread has gone 100 posts without a UL fan wondering if WVU would stomp on the turkey.....I mean bird.:D :D :D

 

And UL fans are the ones that can't let it go?? ;)

I think Louisville wins 27-20.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.