Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kansas 77 West Virginia 69

Featured Replies

I HATE it when coaches point to FT disparities in games. There is no reason why FT's shot in a game should be close. Often one team just fouls a lot more than the other. That being said, 35-2 is the most lopsided I have ever seen. Still, WV was up double digits with 5 min left...you have to close the deal in that situation.

 

BTW, UK's favorite ref was doing the game...lol

Getting hosed on the road is one thing. A free throw difference of 35-2 is something else. I don't blame Huggins for being upset.

Getting hosed on the road is one thing. A free throw difference of 35-2 is something else. I don't blame Huggins for being upset.

 

The last non-call vs KU, when there was still a glimmer of hope, sent him over the edge. I was watching and I don't blame him. It was a microcosm of the day. I can't remember the last time KU didn't get the calls at home in a big game. I think they have more of an advantage in that category than any team in College. (even KY :lol2:)

I think he is spot on and love it for one. He’s exactly right. Good for him. Huggs being Huggs; he just said what a crap load of people want to say.

WV attacked the rim also the entire game and just never got a call. The last call the player got mauled and slammed to the floor and no call. it was lopsided.

WV attacked the rim also the entire game and just never got a call. The last call the player got mauled and slammed to the floor and no call. it was lopsided.

 

It is rather interesting the physics in that gym. A 7' 270 pound guy can go up on a driver and never seemingly hit him despite his spilling to the floor. No foul.

 

Then a 240 pound 6'10" guy can put his hand on said Center and the guy goes down to the floor like he's been shot with a cattle prod. Foul.

 

:idunno:

We had fun in the other thread about opposing teams not playing in front of student sections; but, in all seriousness, I do feel refs get caught up in the emotions of rowdy crowds. No clue if that was the case here. I didn’t watch it.

Is this the play folks are referring to?

 

Twitter

 

It would be easy to get a foul call there but I'm not convinced it was a foul. It's only a foul if the defender comes forward to make contact (or did he go straight up) or if his arms were outstretched and made contact. Not sure I saw either of those (with the benefit of replay).

 

However, from the human side I think I'd get it just b/c of the disparity. Easy one to sell even if I didn't think it was a foul.

Ridiculous the refs were, but WVU cant close out a game

We had fun in the other thread about opposing teams not playing in front of student sections; but, in all seriousness, I do feel refs get caught up in the emotions of rowdy crowds. No clue if that was the case here. I didn’t watch it.

I think there’s no doubt that refs get caught up in the noise and emotions of a large crowd. A lot of hacking fouls and physical stuff on the interior do not get called on the home team in crucial moments. It happens.

Is this the play folks are referring to?

 

Twitter

 

It would be easy to get a foul call there but I'm not convinced it was a foul. It's only a foul if the defender comes forward to make contact (or did he go straight up) or if his arms were outstretched and made contact. Not sure I saw either of those (with the benefit of replay).

 

However, from the human side I think I'd get it just b/c of the disparity. Easy one to sell even if I didn't think it was a foul.

 

The foul I didn't think was on the big guy who came over with his arms raised the foul was on the guy he drove by if you noticed he put his right hand on his hip and gave him a decent push. That is what I thought should have been called a foul.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.