Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What should the Browns do with 2 top 5 picks?

Featured Replies

Trading a top 5 pick for a 5th rounder in 2121 seems like terrible value... :idunno:

 

Right? Football might not even exist in 103 years! :lol2:

 

In truth, that does seem like a huge gamble. I think you'd want at least a player and a good pick if you are trading away a top 5.

Edited by gchs_uk9

  • Replies 33
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like a couple of folks are listening to Joe Thomas. Lure Cousins or his equivalent with cap space money, take Barkley with the 2 and the best defensive player on the board at 5.

 

And I think it's fair to say that there isn't a free-agent equivalent to Cousins if Brees and Garoppolo are both off the table. When Sam Bradford is (arguably) second-best, it's probably Cousins or bust.

Barkley is great but it's not a position of need. With two picks in the top 5 I wouldn't blame them for taking a QB but why not trade for AJ or Lamar at 33?

  • Author
How many actual franchise QBs do you think there are in the NFL? Huge difference between serviceable and franchise levels here...

My definition of franchise may be different than yours. To me there are about 22 guys who I would consider franchise players.

  • Author
I get your point. Washington did that sort of. They drafted RG3 in 1st round and in the same draft they drafted Cousins in the 4th round. Which ended up well for them since RG3 was a bust after his 1st year.

 

So I don't know if I use two top 5 picks on qbs. Maybe 1 and then also best player available. Then if they want to truly better their odds. Then draft a qb in the 2nd round like the Oklahoma State qb or Lamar Jackson.

If they are high on Rudolph he’ll be there in the second. That would be a good move.

Just try to find the Goff of this draft or hope to fall into the Wentz.

If they value Darnold and Rosen equally, I take Barkley #1 and whichever QB the Giants don't take at #4. Let them learn for a year under Kizer, collect another #1 pick in next year's draft and shoot for the 2019-2020 season to start to turn things around.

I understand the point of drafting two QB’s with those picks. But ultimately you will be seriously devaluing the pick of whichever QB doesn’t end up as the starter. You’ll never get anything near a 1 or 4 overall pick back in return. Too many other impact players available with one of those picks. Cleveland needs more than just a QB. My thought is take the one QB you have rated highest, and draft another in a later round, maybe round 3.

If they value Darnold and Rosen equally, I take Barkley #1 and whichever QB the Giants don't take at #4. Let them learn for a year under Kizer, collect another #1 pick in next year's draft and shoot for the 2019-2020 season to start to turn things around.

 

Giants might not take a QB. Sounds like Eli is their guy next year, so it depends on how much they like the QBs vs Davis Webb.

 

If the browns take a QB i wouldn't be surprised to see the giants take Barkley. Also wouldn't be surprised to see a QB though.

If they value Darnold and Rosen equally, I take Barkley #1 and whichever QB the Giants don't take at #4. Let them learn for a year under Kizer, collect another #1 pick in next year's draft and shoot for the 2019-2020 season to start to turn things around.

 

I would go Barkley then a tackle.

If I am the Browns, I do the exact opposite. They have a lot of cap space. Sign a free agent quarterback and don't waste any more draft picks on QB's

 

^

This

I've read that NFL GMs don't think as highly of Barkley as the media does. Who knows if that's true. And if it is, everything could change after the combine.

I'd take Vontae Mack and Ray Jennings. If you can trade to get Bo Callahan, do it, but I think he's a bust

If I were Browns front office, I would draft Rosen and Barkley and not look back. What they will do is draft Darnold and Minkah Fitzpatrick.

If I were Browns front office, I would draft Rosen and Barkley and not look back. What they will do is draft Darnold and Minkah Fitzpatrick.

 

With Cousins now going to be available. They should sign him since they have 100 million in cap space. Then trade away the first pick for someone wanting a qb. Then use your 4th pick on Barkley, and build the rest of the team up with all those picks they have already and will get by trading the 1st pick.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.