Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 47 Cooper 32

Featured Replies

From James Weber at the Cincinnati Enquirer:

 

Link >>> Defense dictates Covington Catholic win over Cooper

 

James Weber, [email protected] Published 12:43 a.m. ET Jan. 22, 2018

 

HIGHLAND HEIGHTS Sunday night’s showdown of highly touted senior guards was ultimately decided by the tallest player in the building.

 

Jake Walter, Covington Catholic’s 7-foot-1 senior center, dictated the flow of the game in the first quarter during a hot start by the Colonels. The Colonels then kept Cooper at arm’s length the rest of the way as they defeated the Jaguars 47-32 at BB&T Arena.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are bringing up a game from 23 years ago? Sports have kind of evolved. Both teams did it that game, and it was awful. That has nothing to do with 2018.

 

Just saying stall is painful to watch but if you play defense you can beat them.

Nice win for Covington Catholic. Hopefully these two end up on opposite sides of the regional draw.

Sounds like I made the right choice when I left after the Scott/Dixie game. It was already 9:00 when the teams were warming up.

A nice job? Cooper lost by 15 and only scored 32 points. That my friend is BORING basketball.

 

More poor choice of words by my phone. CCH was roped into Cooper’s style of play, and CCH did a nice job having to play a totally different style than they are accustomed to. The game was never really in doubt even with so few points scored. I agree that it was rather boring.

Nice win for the Colonels but I'm still not sure what this game told us in regards to which team wins the 9th. I'm still not sure Kunkel is back to form with that mask. News article said CJ Fredrick had the flu. AJ Mayer still not ready.

 

I look forward to both teams being at full strength because last night wasn't a fun game to watch.

Nice win for the Colonels but I'm still not sure what this game told us in regards to which team wins the 9th. I'm still not sure Kunkel is back to form with that mask. News article said CJ Fredrick had the flu. AJ Mayer still not ready.

 

I look forward to both teams being at full strength because last night wasn't a fun game to watch.

 

I'm sure both teams will look a lot different come March.

This sounds like an ugly game

 

I’m normally OK with low scoring defensive battles, but after looking at shooting %’s I’m thinking this was no oil painting.

Casey Nowak did a great job face guarding Kunkel, holding him to only 9 points.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65289[/ATTACH]

 

You know you play tough defense when your stat line says 29 minutes/no points on no shots/1 assist/1 foul. Nice work by Nowak.

A top 10 team in the state to only attempt 3 shots in a quarter is awful Basketball. Shot clock please!!!!

Looks like the Cooper fans are keeping a very low profile after this one.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I would call it effective basketball.

 

I wasn’t even there but there is nothing good about this style of basketball. Plain and simple it’s just bad and boring basketball.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I would call it effective basketball.

 

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.