Covington Catholic 47 Cooper 32

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More the mask than Nowak. Adam struggled against Boone also and I’m pretty sure Nowak didn’t play for them on Friday night.

The mask may have had something to do with it, but Nowak was suffocating. Picked him up at halfcourt almost every time and didn't let him breathe. Kudos to him.

The mask may have had something to do with it, but Nowak was suffocating. Picked him up at halfcourt almost every time and didn't let him breathe. Kudos to him.

By picking him up at half court, it allowed Thelen to come up and double team, which resulted in Kunkel passing the ball off.

It was hot in the gym last night, Sweat pouring from underneath Kunkels mask was crazy. Having the flu and playing in the hot gym was no bargain either for CJ. Whatever the basketball gods throw at you the game goes on. Adjust and do your best is all that can be asked. If there is a round three it will be a defensive battle for sure, no one is going to change at this point in time. Like it or not.

It was hot in the gym last night, Sweat pouring from underneath Kunkels mask was crazy. Having the flu and playing in the hot gym was no bargain either for CJ. Whatever the basketball gods throw at you the game goes on. Adjust and do your best is all that can be asked. If there is a round three it will be a defensive battle for sure, no one is going to change at this point in time. Like it or not.

I would rather not feel good for a couple of days instead of having to wear a mask for 3-4 weeks. It's just a shame that he has to wear it, but as they say, crap happens. He will make the best of it and will hopefully have it off come districts.

It’s just my opinion the mask bothered him more than the D

I was at the Boone/ CCH games and I believe the mask is bothering him. Also, Kunkle seems to be a bit leg-weary which is understandable given the tough schedule Cooper has played and all he is asked to do. That being said CCH did a great job of team defense on him. He had a difficult time getting the ball in scoring positions and when he did attack the rim CCH challenged all his shots. Both teams are very good on the defensive end when they are locked in.