Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ohio youth team kicked out of rec basketball league over offensive jerseys

Featured Replies

Dont forget the company that made the jerseys, they have fault in this too.

How so?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the parents was a school board member at Kings Mill. He has resigned as of today.

If it was my son who was still in high school he'd be off the team as soon as I saw the team name. Not much you can do if he is in college. Team name not in very good taste for age group and setting. Names on the back of the jerseys can't be and shouldnt be defended. Coach is a Jack wagon thinking this would be ok

Dont forget the company that made the jerseys, they have fault in this too.

 

Huh! Totally tasteless shirts a real head shaker on how any adult would think these were ok, but the company did nothing illegal or wrong. Could they have chosen not to print them, probably? They probably should have, but they were within their rights to print them.

How so?

 

Huh! Totally tasteless shirts a real head shaker on how any adult would think these were ok, but the company did nothing illegal or wrong. Could they have chosen not to print them, probably? They probably should have, but they were within their rights to print them.

 

Im a vendor making shirts/jerseys/whatever for a youth sports group and I see this come in and just go about the order with no thought into it, come on. If doing it for an adult league, maybe I dont think about it.

 

I order Shirts/Jerseys by the hundreds every year. Guarantee you that if I sent that up to one of my vendors they would question it.

Im a vendor making shirts/jerseys/whatever for a youth sports group and I see this come in and just go about the order with no thought into it, come on. If doing it for an adult league, maybe I dont think about it.

 

I order Shirts/Jerseys by the hundreds every year. Guarantee you that if I sent that up to one of my vendors they would question it.

 

You missed my point, I think. I did not say they should do it, but there is nothing that says they can't. I wouldn't if I ran the business, but id I chose to it would not be illegal.

 

Now if you said they should have chosen not to do it, then fine, I agree. There is no fault there.

You missed my point, I think. I did not say they should do it, but there is nothing that says they can't. I wouldn't if I ran the business, but id I chose to it would not be illegal.

 

Now id you said they should have chosen not to do it, then fine, I agree. There is no fault there.

 

Correct, you and I are making the same point here, just should have raised a flag is all.

 

Then again if the vendor is who I think it is, then they will print anything for $$$$.

A lot of us really have no idea just who(or what) our neighbors really are. Having grown up in SE KY, I have encountered many, many parents over my many years who would have thought this no big deal, and probably very funny. Probably dozens within 5 miles of my house right now. Sad.

Im a vendor making shirts/jerseys/whatever for a youth sports group and I see this come in and just go about the order with no thought into it, come on. If doing it for an adult league, maybe I dont think about it.

 

I order Shirts/Jerseys by the hundreds every year. Guarantee you that if I sent that up to one of my vendors they would question it.

 

How would the vendor even know these jerseys were for high schoolers and not a college rec team?

Im a vendor making shirts/jerseys/whatever for a youth sports group and I see this come in and just go about the order with no thought into it, come on. If doing it for an adult league, maybe I dont think about it.

 

I order Shirts/Jerseys by the hundreds every year. Guarantee you that if I sent that up to one of my vendors they would question it.

 

Question: what about the cake designer that was sued, and lost, for not making a cake for a gay wedding? Since, as you said, the shirts are not illegal... are you infringing on their 1st amendment rights here if you turn away their order?

I wonder if it is possible that the kids did not wear those jerseys the first 3 games and that the coach pulled the offensive ones out at the last minute for them to wear? Maybe he had some sick idea of what was funny and wanted to get away with it one time.

 

I don’t know...just throwing guesses out there. Can’t understand how this was their 4th game and no one said a word before this.

How would the vendor even know these jerseys were for high schoolers and not a college rec team?

 

The vendor doesnt know who he or she is doing business with?

The vendor doesnt know who he or she is doing business with?

 

You have a relationship with your vendor. This may have been a one time order.

You have a relationship with your vendor. This may have been a one time order.

 

Yep. If the coach just goes in and orders the stuff under his name, the vendor has no idea if kids will end up wearing the uni's, especially if they are all adult sizes. The custom sports apparel business is a tough, competitive business. I'm sure some might, but I'm guessing more than a few wouldn't turn this type of order away.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.