Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ohio youth team kicked out of rec basketball league over offensive jerseys

Featured Replies

Yep. If the coach just goes in and orders the stuff under his name, the vendor has no idea if kids will end up wearing the uni's, especially if they are all adult sizes. The custom sports apparel business is a tough, competitive business. I'm sure some might, but I'm guessing more than a few wouldn't turn this type of order away.

 

True, but I am going to guess that vendor is squirming a bit right now. I bet a little t of people pull their business from the vendor when the public finds out who printed those jerseys.

  • Replies 47
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep. If the coach just goes in and orders the stuff under his name, the vendor has no idea if kids will end up wearing the uni's, especially if they are all adult sizes. The custom sports apparel business is a tough, competitive business. I'm sure some might, but I'm guessing more than a few wouldn't turn this type of order away.

 

And to add to this, looking at the uniforms, these very well could've been an at home job. The letters and numbers used are very basic. They're placed in a straight line instead of an arc. I wouldn't be surprised if someone did these at home with an iron.

True, but I am going to guess that vendor is squirming a bit right now. I bet a little t of people pull their business from the vendor when the public finds out who printed those jerseys.

 

If they provide great service at low cost and know what your company typically orders it would be silly to pull away from them. Bad business decision.

True, but I am going to guess that vendor is squirming a bit right now. I bet a little t of people pull their business from the vendor when the public finds out who printed those jerseys.

 

Maybe. But I'm guessing most people couldn't tell you where teams get their jerseys from just by looking at them.

I don't think there's anything funny about any of it. These are people who should never be around youth sports again.

Maybe. But I'm guessing most people couldn't tell you where teams get their jerseys from just by looking at them.

 

Don’t you think someone will make it their business to fine out? I would.

Not gonna lie, if I were in the business of printing shirts, I'd have accepted the job without hesitation. You're in business to make money. Turning away profitable business runs counter to that. It's not the printer's job to be the moral compass of his customers.

Not gonna lie, if I were in the business of printing shirts, I'd have accepted the job without hesitation. You're in business to make money. Turning away profitable business runs counter to that. It's not the printer's job to be the moral compass of his customers.

 

Agreed.

Not gonna lie, if I were in the business of printing shirts, I'd have accepted the job without hesitation. You're in business to make money. Turning away profitable business runs counter to that. It's not the printer's job to be the moral compass of his customers.

 

100%

No way appropriate at youth level or even adult when kids are around in anyway.

 

Will say we had fun with an all-star employee softball team in a national tournament in Detroit a long time ago.

 

We went as Kentucky Jelly.

Not gonna lie, if I were in the business of printing shirts, I'd have accepted the job without hesitation. You're in business to make money. Turning away profitable business runs counter to that. It's not the printer's job to be the moral compass of his customers.

 

Especially when there's a hundred other competitors out there that will be willing to do the work. You can't throw a rock without hitting a custom sports apparel shop.

I wonder if it is possible that the kids did not wear those jerseys the first 3 games and that the coach pulled the offensive ones out at the last minute for them to wear? Maybe he had some sick idea of what was funny and wanted to get away with it one time.

 

I don’t know...just throwing guesses out there. Can’t understand how this was their 4th game and no one said a word before this.

 

In the Enquirer this morning it said that the coach who played them the previous week filed a complaint with the referees and took pictures. So this was not a one-week appearance for the jerseys. We know they were used at least at the previous week's game also.

In the Enquirer this morning it said that the coach who played them the previous week filed a complaint with the referees and took pictures. So this was not a one-week appearance for the jerseys. We know they were used at least at the previous week's game also.

 

Wow! I can’t believe no one stopped them before this!

Not gonna lie, if I were in the business of printing shirts, I'd have accepted the job without hesitation. You're in business to make money. Turning away profitable business runs counter to that. It's not the printer's job to be the moral compass of his customers.

 

Interesting point.

Wow! I can’t believe no one stopped them before this!

 

Apparently a Milford coach got into a heated argument with the coach in December about it.

 

The coach is claiming the names on the back of the jerseys are a variation of the kids’ names, and he has asked for a 65% refund from the league.

 

The league president is investigating his officials to find out why they never reported this. I believe the coach requested to use the team name prior to the start of the season and the league denied it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.