December 23, 20178 yr Final. This team right now just plays to inconsistent to beat decent or good teams.
December 23, 20178 yr Agree, especially good shooting teams. UCLA has our number in the regular season.
December 23, 20178 yr Their fine. I like what I have seen from this team so far. They are just inconsistent and that is to be expected with literally all freshman and 2 sophomores playing. Ucla made more plays and won.
December 23, 20178 yr Hindsight is 20/20, but I'm not in the camp that thinks playing Utah Valley, Fort Wayne and Monmouth gets you prepared for the bigger boys.
December 23, 20178 yr First I want to give props to the Cats fans, who posted on the update thread. I think this is the first time, that I did not see it was a bad game by the refs that cost a U.K.win. Like some of you said you guys are young this season, and this group of young just ain't as good as the last crop, of young guys you had.
December 23, 20178 yr Hindsight is 20/20, but I'm not in the camp that thinks playing Utah Valley, Fort Wayne and Monmouth gets you prepared for the bigger boys. It doesn't get you prepared but it also doesn't get you 4 or 5 losses before conference play even begins. Especially when you know going in the conference is going to be better this season. They will now have had games with Kansas, Virginia Tech, UCLA, and Lousiville before conference play. So that does get them prepared. As of now we will have probably 3 losses going into conference. Would you really rather this team have 5 or 6 losses with a shaken confidence level going into conference play? If so we could be looking at the 2013 season again and probably sitting on the bubble come selection Sunday with 11 or 12 losses.
December 23, 20178 yr This loss to a very average UCLA team will not help on UK’s seeding resume. North Carolina with a veteran team just lost at home to Wofford. It happens. The team will have chances to get some good wins in conference. If that happens this loss means nothing.
December 23, 20178 yr It doesn't get you prepared but it also doesn't get you 4 or 5 losses before conference play even begins. Especially when you know going in the conference is going to be better this season. They will now have had games with Kansas, Virginia Tech, UCLA, and Lousiville before conference play. So that does get them prepared. As of now we will have probably 3 losses going into conference. Would you really rather this team have 5 or 6 losses with a shaken confidence level going into conference play? If so we could be looking at the 2013 season again and probably sitting on the bubble come selection Sunday with 11 or 12 losses. I'm not saying they have to play Murderer's Row; or that every pre-conference game has to be against a top-20 team. If you're gonna play a team from Utah, play Utah. If you're gonna play a team from Indiana, play Indiana.
December 23, 20178 yr I'm not saying they have to play Murderer's Row; or that every pre-conference game has to be against a top-20 team. If you're gonna play a team from Utah, play Utah. If you're gonna play a team from Indiana, play Indiana. Possibly playing at Indiana or Utah with this young team is also probably losses if it's on the road. Even with the young team. Uk is going to end up with one of the tougher outside of conference schedules that power 5 teams have played. Plus this team is literally younger than any team Cal has had. I have zero problem with how the schedule has been set up. In fact I think this schedule is one of the best jobs scheduling jobs he has done based on the team he knew he would have. So I guess I agree to disagree.
December 23, 20178 yr The Cats didn't get out on their shooters and they loaded up on the open 3's. One trip down the floor, we looked pretty good defensively, the next they couldn't find who had the ball. The word I was going to use has already been used several times in this still young thread ....inconsistent. With the avg. age of this team around 19, we're going to get that. A pretty good U.L. team coming up next Friday, right now that one looks like that it may be another tough one. Who really knows though ? A young, inconsistent team Forest Gump said it best ...."you never know what you're going to get". U.K. may come out and play great. SEC play comes up after U.L., there's a long way to go but imo they will be there by tourney time. Maybe not a great team but far better than now, U.K. will be fine. UCLA looks good after the departure of Daddy dearest / L. Ball. Funny how that works, uh ?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.