December 24, 20178 yr They are 9-2. They will struggle a little...lose 8-10 games...and be just fine when March rolls around.
December 24, 20178 yr Surprised that Cats lost today, but not totally surprised, because you don't really know what you are going to get because they are going to lack consistency. They need Diallo and Green to play well on offense. Diallo has come on a bit lately with his shooting and Green has been fairly consistent. Both didn't score the ball enough today. This time last year everyone was talking about how poor of a defensive team this was in the half court. Remember Monk in some games trying to stay in front of people? I thought the zone was effective at times but they don't rebound well our of it. They will get better as the year goes on and they will improve on the defensive end. They still need to get more consistent on offense. They really didn't share the ball today like they have been. They will lose 6-8 games in the conference in my opinion and roll into the tourney as a 5-8 seed but I think most saw that at the beginning of the year. People tend to forget they don't have Vanderbilt who some felt may have been their best player this year. Hopefully, he can return sometime in January.
December 24, 20178 yr And if Vanderbilt doesn't return before January 1, I'm not sure he's returning.
December 24, 20178 yr Had a number of open looks that just missed down that stretched that really would have changed things and we would be having a very different conversation. It happens, not the end of the world. It’s a game they should have won though. Need to keep getting better. They certainly have their flaws.
December 24, 20178 yr Every team loaded with Freshman seem to spend half the year figuring out the kind of effort it takes to beat anybody in Division 1 College Basketball. They usually figure it out and either quit or start exerting the kind of effort needed to win. This is what I see a lot of. Gametime is right and I think I mentioned it in the game thread. Cats did not give the toughness needed to beat a hungry, ravenous foe. Will they develop a killer instinct or will they try to talent their way through? That's the question that will unfold in the next month IMO.
December 24, 20178 yr Author Defense was horrible!! but wait, we don't worry about playing defense because we produce NBA players.....my fault for thinking that Ky should play better defense and beat better teams.....just lost it for a moment and thought we were a college basketball program that cared about winning college basketball games....my bad!!!! Good points!! Cal really blows the NBA thing up to draw in recruits.
December 24, 20178 yr This loss to a very average UCLA team will not help on UK’s seeding resume. December and we're already into bracketology discussion, lol.
December 24, 20178 yr Louisville will be a difficult game for this team to win. and also a difficult game for Louisville to win.
December 24, 20178 yr Unless Kentucky starts playing better I don't see them going very far in the NCAA tournament. This is why I hate the way Cal runs things at UK. All he's worried about is producing NBA players. He pushes them out the door as soon as they walk through it and that's why I wish he would leave and go somewhere else. Kentucky needs someone in there that can win games and keep players for more than a year. Gee sounds like you'd rather have Tubby back.
December 24, 20178 yr A Kentucky thread after a loss in December is usually good for a few laughs. Good Sunday morning humor.
December 24, 20178 yr I’m fine with a loss if the effort is there. You can’t convince me they put much effort in on the defensive side yesterday
December 24, 20178 yr Gee sounds like you'd rather have Tubby back. Nope not at all but I'm also tired of seeing one and dones. Cal is the only coach in NCAA to have so many ones and dones each and every year
December 24, 20178 yr "If Kentucky would just recruit guys with less talent, they'd never lose." :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
December 24, 20178 yr This thread is funny but I knew it would be. It's as if Kentucky could win out now but they will still be 5-seed because of this loss to UCLA.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.