Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marvin Lewis Announces he is stepping down at seasons end - Not Verified

Featured Replies

Marvin is gonna walk away looking like the victim lol. Only you Mikey Brown, only you.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bengals.com keeps manipulating their story but this was added:

 

"It’s the same report you guys have been reporting on all season," Lewis said. There’s nothing changed since August. It’s speculation that people keep throwing out there. We’re all wasting time talking about that.

No news on Marvin. He held his press conference this morning as usual. Here it is if anyone is interested. Marvin starts talking around the 1:30 mark. Comments on his job status start around the 7 minute mark.

 

WATCH LIVE: Marvin Lewis News Conference 1/1

 

Interesting comments by Marvin in this press conference:

 

- Mike and I met this morning and all we talked about is our views on the football team; nothing else was discussed.

 

- Mike and I talk every day. Mike and I never talk about my future.

 

- Mike and I are both pleased with how the team has played the last two weeks.

 

- Right now is not the time for me to talk about the future of the Cincinnati Bengals.

 

- The decisions here are mutual. They have always been mutual decisions. I think there is a path for me to stay. We each have our viewpoints and it is important that we are on the same page in what we want to see here.

 

- We will continue to talk. I don't think the talk before the decision will go on very long.

 

- I told them as far as from my direction, I would get with them as quick as I could. The urgency has to happen from both sides.

 

- There isn't a role carved out for me as GM or anything else besides coach.

 

- I haven't even thought about a possible role outside the Bengals organization.

 

- It is unfair that the news came out about my possible future.

Edited by Voice of Reason

What I think is happening here is Mike and Marvin came to an agreement that if Mike can find someone he feels can be a better coach for this team, Marvin will step aside, if not, Marvin will be here.

What I think is happening here is Mike and Marvin came to an agreement that if Mike can find someone he feels can be a better coach for this team, Marvin will step aside, if not, Marvin will be here.

 

That's believable and probably likely.

Mike Brown does not like change

 

True. From what I heard in that press conference, there will be change this off season one way or another. If Marvin goes, obviously change happens. If Marvin stays, it sounds like there are some things he wants changed - some of it sounds like on his staff.

That's believable and probably likely.

 

I don't think that is true at all. I think Marvin wants some changes made. If Mike and family don't agree with the changes Marvin wants, then Marvin will move on. It sounds to me like Marvin is driving this, not Mike. Mike and family of course make the decision and if he/they don't agree to what Marvin wants, then they will agree to disagree and part ways.

Only the Browns and the Bengals will stick with coaches with one win in two years and zero playoff wins in 15 years. Bengals can't even get rid of a coach right.

As I stated above, I am not sure the Brown family is trying to get rid of Marvin. It looks to me like Marvin is the one pushing for change in the organization. If the Brown family doesn't agree to the changes he wants or they can't reach an acceptable compromise, he will be the one choosing to leave.

As I stated above, I am not sure the Brown family is trying to get rid of Marvin. It looks to me like Marvin is the one pushing for change in the organization. If the Brown family doesn't agree to the changes he wants or they can't reach an acceptable compromise, he will be the one choosing to leave.

 

Well let's hear it. What kind of changes is Marvin pushing for, aside from him no longer being the head coach?

As I stated above, I am not sure the Brown family is trying to get rid of Marvin. It looks to me like Marvin is the one pushing for change in the organization. If the Brown family doesn't agree to the changes he wants or they can't reach an acceptable compromise, he will be the one choosing to leave.

 

It's a good thing the blackout rule is gone. If they bring back Marvin there literally will be only 30 thousand people in the stadium next year for games. If Marvin is still the coach it goes against everyone's theory that Brown only cares about making money. If it's all about money for Mike Brown then moving on from Lewis is the best decision from a financial view too.

Well let's hear it. What kind of changes is Marvin pushing for, aside from him no longer being the head coach?

 

My guesses - and they are purely guesses:

 

Marvin wants some changes on his staff and he wants changes in how decisions on the roster (probably including the draft) are made. I don't think Marvin wanted to draft John Ross last year and he doesn't want to get stuck like that again. Perhaps he also wants more control over free agents and more say in player contracts - who they give money to and who they let go. I wonder if Marvin would have preferred money go to offensive linemen versus Burfict. I think Marvin believes team character is slipping again and that was a change he pursued when he first came on board. Marvin wants professionals and good character on his team and will take a slightly lesser talent in favor of higher character.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.