Jeremy Pruitt to Tennessee

swamprat

Again Smart had over a month after the NC to salvage a recruiting class. He could realistically do that and finish the job with Bama. Pruitt has basically 13 days to do that now with the early signing period on Dec 20.

Then I would expect Saban to let him go. He's more involved on that side of the ball anyway.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be a baptism by fire:

@Brett_McMurphy

3h3 hours ago

More

First four SEC games under new Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt, who also opens season vs. West Virginia in Charlotte:

Florida

at Georgia

at Auburn

Alabama

No wonder they couldn't find anyone to take that job. Needed a new AD that wouldn't schedule them a death sentence moving forward.

They'll give Pruitt time if he puts together a good staff like the one mentioned earlier. Tenn. will never be relevant if they don't find someone respectable and stick with him.

Kiffen, Jones, Schiano...good gravy UT has bad choice in men. Her mother needs to talk to her.

3 of the 4 playoff coaches were hired as first time head coaches at their schools.

Wow, hard to believe that stat but come to think of it, you are correct.

I forgot that Clemson was Sweeny's first stint as a HC. I am blanking where came from.

Saban cut Kiffin lose immediately but kept Smart on and carved out time for him to address Georgia responsibilities while preparing for the playoffs. Will be interesting to see what he does here.

He didn't cut Kiffin immediately. Kiffin coached the semifinal game. He got fired the week of the championship game.

He didn't cut Kiffin immediately. Kiffin coached the semifinal game. He got fired the week of the championship game.

You are correct. It was the year before when he had the bus pull out leaving Kiffin at the stadium, also after the first playoff game I believe.