Kansas 65 Kentucky 61

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone actually buy the Billy Preston car wreck story?

He also was held out of the KU opener for "disciplinary" reasons. :lol2:

He had some nice bling on last night...and on that note - guys who are on the bench for whatever reason should be in warm ups; not street clothes. They look ridiculous. JMO

He had some nice bling on last night...and on that note - guys who are on the bench for whatever reason should be in warm ups; not street clothes. They look ridiculous. JMO

Agree 110%, Vanderbilt looked ridiculous last night in that black and white jacket. Either make them wear a suit like NBA players do, or wear warmups.

Not sure if there is a stat for most uncontested three pointers a defense has given up in a season, but UK has to be on pace to obliterate that record.

In all I am pleased with how UK battled against a veteran team. Still raw, but that is about all you could ask from this team early in the season.

One in particular that stands out to me was in the first half on a fast break. UK had three guys to KU's one under the basket while a Jayhawk was wide open in the corner.

The only logical conclusion I came to is the three 6'10" guys have never had to close out on a shooter, or at the very minimum, crashing the glass has been their primary responsibility in those situations in the past.

Not terribly concerning to me just yet.

Much better performance than I expected. Kansas isn't as good as I thought they would be either.

Point guard play is going to be huge for this team. Quade Green couldn't guard HammerTime Jr & SGA is a turnover waiting to happen. Have to get improvement from both those guys.

I like the schedule over the next couple of weeks. Should win them all and get needed improvement as a stiffer December schedule arrives.