Kansas 65 Kentucky 61

16thBBall Fan

UK would be in great shape if they had a PG that could even hit the rim from outside 15 feet. Knox was a beast. Dreadful in the halfcout, just dreadful. Just not enough shooting this year. Going to be a lot of ugly games like that.

Defense was much better. They could be an elite defense team by the end of the season.

The upside on that is that I feel like this team is looking to push the ball as a whole much more than most teams at this stage;even when it's not there I see guys making it overly apparent that they're trying to push. If they grind games and play half court games but outlet like their life is on the line they definitely have the players to get points on the other end.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wait until Kentucky learns how to play basketball at this level. They are going to be fine.

Kansas isn't a top 5 team at this point.

I'm not sure what Kansas is to be honest, haven't seen everyone else, but I thought they'd look better against my Cats. It's possible that we've got 2-3 solid teams and a bunch that are trying to figure it out, sounds about right for November.

UK would be in great shape if they had a PG that could even hit the rim from outside 15 feet. Knox was a beast. Dreadful in the halfcout, just dreadful. Just not enough shooting this year. Going to be a lot of ugly games like that.

Defense was much better. They could be an elite defense team by the end of the season.

I think that Cal is still trying different sets, combinations, etc. to determine a leader / PG. I Agree with you about Knox, there's unlimited potential with him.

Not sure if there is a stat for most uncontested three pointers a defense has given up in a season, but UK has to be on pace to obliterate that record.

In all I am pleased with how UK battled against a veteran team. Still raw, but that is about all you could ask from this team early in the season.

Same here, many thought it might be a blowout. For as young as we are, I like this team. Good play off the bench from Jones and The wood chopper.

Overall ...this one went better than I thought it would. I was pleasantly surprised with how this team played against an experienced, well coached Kansas team, but being that close and not making the plays at the end is disappointing. I agree with others in that a point guard needs to be established, as well as finding out who is going to step up and be a leader. Knox seems to me as one that wants the ball in clutch situations.....Although that gasp at a last shot was terrible. Rebounding was at best, Horrible in the first half. I haven't checked the stats what rebounding ended up but it did improve in the 2nd half.

On the defensive end, too many times they get lost and leave shooters wide open ....Perfect ? Not a chance but there has been some improvement shown with each game. I Certainly don't claim to be the worlds expert on the game but I would like to see how this team would look as a pressing - running team. They do seem to want to push the ball up the floor and with the quickness, arm / wing spans, I think they may be a really good pressing team.

One thing that U.K. fans are not is patient but I believe that we're going to have to be this season.

Edited by oldrambler

The upside on that is that I feel like this team is looking to push the ball as a whole much more than most teams at this stage;even when it's not there I see guys making it overly apparent that they're trying to push. If they grind games and play half court games but outlet like their life is on the line they definitely have the players to get points on the other end.

I think that, combined with being more of a pressing team would serve this team well.

I admittedly haven't watch a second of their play this year, but from everything I've read, it appears that SKJ has been a very pleasant surprise thus far this season.

Also sounds like Green is no where close to what people were expecting.

I am not sure what Green's expectations were, but he and SGA are probably victims of following-up great UK PGs. Against Vermont Green was solid. SGA looks like he is going to get stripped every play.