Football / Hoops Top 3

You could make the case, nearing the end of the football season, and heading into the basketball season, that the 3 best teams in each, in order, are:

1. Trinity

2. CovCath

3. Scott County

Obviously a lot of football to be played, and all of Hoops season to be played, but I think today those would be the best 3 in that order in each.

Johnson Central and Bowling Green would both be pretty high up the list as well.

Johnson Central lost three times last year in a good, but not great region, and graduated 50-plus PPG in Blair and Rice.

I'd put them among the best in football this season, sure, but I don't think they'll be top-5, top-10 and maybe not even top-15 in hoops this season.

And Bowling Green lost its coach, All-USA underclassman (Harmon), state tourney standout Taylor (went D-1 I think) and super athlete Deangelo Wilson. Bowling Green doesn't return ANYBODY who averaged more than 6 PPG last year.

It would be interesting if there were a AD cup where award is given based on all sports. Have a boys and girls award. Maybe even do it by school size by using football divisions.

The Hardin County area used to have one, but folks (notably from the three specific HCS high schools) got tired of Elizabethtown winning it all the time.