ESPN Host calls for boycott of NFL advertisers.

jericho

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're right. Calling someone the devil is a term of endearment. My mistake.

Do you have an issue with his team rule?

Nope. He can say whatever he wants, it's his team. He won't actually follow through with it, but it plays well on keeping the attention off his team's play.

As for the devil talk, well I read that as sarcasm, but :idunno:

So I assume people are confused on what to do. People are calling for boycotts because they are taking a knee and Ms. Hill is calling for a boycott for taking a stand to stop the kneeling. If people quit buying from advertisers, who declares they won?

As I said earlier, the NFL is in a pickle.

The NFL was in a pickle long before this, they all stood together and kept Kap out of the league but then reversed their support once President Trump got involved.

I think the only play the NFL has now is to back away from the controversy and Jerry is leading the charge.

The players are the ones really getting screwed over. If they keep kneeling they continue the backlash. If they stop kneeling they'll still get backlash for not sticking up for their beliefs and not being strong willed. The players are screwed either way.

The players are the ones really getting screwed over. If they keep kneeling they continue the backlash. If they stop kneeling they'll still get backlash for not sticking up for their beliefs and not being strong willed. The players are screwed either way.

That's what happens when you try to act as a group but you don't know what you are doing.

The NFL was in a pickle long before this, they all stood together and kept Kap out of the league but then reversed their support once President Trump got involved.

I think the only play the NFL has now is to back away from the controversy and Jerry is leading the charge.

I agree. Jerry is just saying what 90% of the owners are thinking. Also, Goodell has been shockingly quiet about this. The league will fine you for not wearing your socks correctly but is letting the players break written rules on this...

Edited by ggclfan

That's what happens when you try to act as a group but you don't know what you are doing.

Bingo! Bad plan from the get go. Kaepernick may have had good intentions to point out injustices that he felt very strongly about. The original statement is now lost in translation. And the band played on.

Most knew what they were doing.

Let's see what Jerry would do if Zeke, Dak, and Dez knelt during the anthem. I guarantee he wouldn't stay the course.

Why not pull them and lose, they are going to lose with or without them anyway.

Take a game check and see how much each player feels now.

Hill got exactly what she wanted.

Spotlight for her cause.

Now it begins with all those supporting her and what they will do next.

ESPN will end up having to fire her for her views.

Then she'll get exactly what she wants--A prime gig on CNN or MSNBC!

Edited by Jumper_Dad
TOS