ESPN Host calls for boycott of NFL advertisers.

jericho

The topic makes people uncomfortable. Thats why the conversations always turn to disrespecting the flag.

It's definitely an uncomfortable subject, and doesn't get seriously discussed as much as it needs to. We'll have to agree to disagree that the playing of the National Anthem at a football game is the proper place to discuss that topic?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's definitely an uncomfortable subject, and doesn't get seriously discussed as much as it needs to. We'll have to agree to disagree that the playing of the National Anthem at a football game is the proper place to discuss that topic?

So if it was about the poor treatment of veterans would it be the proper place?

I don't care what anyone as ESPN said. I don't care what Jerry Jones said.

Just tell me what time my fantasy players are playing. That's all I care about

Same I really want to just get back to talking about football. Let the players kneel, raise fists, stay in the locker room, I don't care. If we all collectively just decided to not talk about it, it will go away.

Same I really want to just get back to talking about football. Let the players kneel, raise fists, stay in the locker room, I don't care. If we all collectively just decided to not talk about it, it will go away.

I'm so sick of everything being used as a stage for protests and politics.

I just want my fantasy team to win. That's legitimately the only reason I even watch NFL football.

I personally don't want to hear about ANY social or political issues at a sporting event, unless it's a moment of respect for some tragedy (If you want to call that a comment on social or political issues? I call it simple respect for something tragic that's transpired.)

Again, personally I'm sick of all the social commentary, political protest, etc. in the entertainment venue? Maybe I'm in the minority; but the sinking ratings of network TV, Hollywood's "Let's Pat Each other on the Back" shows, etc. may suggest otherwise?

And, to your continued point, I find the mistreatment of our veterans by the government's VA system, one of the biggest issues of our day!! Absolutely inexcusable, and a peek at the future of Healthcare if many get their wish of socialized medicine.

Edited by StickerMann
Addition

Ask yourself this simple question: If Kaepernick had knelt in order to protest the unfair treatment of veterans after they fulfill their duties and the fact that they do not receive the care they are promised, would that be disrespecting the flag?

You should always stand, hand over heart, during the anthem. Just my opinion.

The topic makes people uncomfortable. Thats why the conversations always turn to disrespecting the flag.

Doesn't make me uncomfortable. I think they completely have overblown it. I think we've seen statistics that show they're incorrect. I think people are more uncomfortable about the a much bigger problem of black on black violence, no protests over that though. There's a bigger injustice IMO. That's where there are literally bodies in the street.

I thought you wanted people to talk about it. I thought that was the point you all were making.

You should always stand, hand over heart, during the anthem. Just my opinion.

I always do and always will. The vast majority of NFL players do too. But find another country to live in if you think you have the right to tell them to stand.

2 week vacation vs something Bill Simmons basically got fired for, speaking against the NFL.

Simmons' firing came after being suspended by ESPN and returning to work. A bit misleading to say he was simply let go for criticizing the NFL. He was, but it built over time.

Doesn't make me uncomfortable. I think they completely have overblown it. I think we've seen statistics that show they're incorrect. I think people are more uncomfortable about the a much bigger problem of black on black violence, no protests over that though. There's a bigger injustice IMO. That's where there are literally bodies in the street.

So what if their claims are false? FWIW I think to deny that their are still forms of institutional racism in this country is borderline ignorance. But who are we to tell them they can't kneel?