ESPN Host calls for boycott of NFL advertisers.

jericho

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When they played in London, England why didn't they take a knee for God Save the Queen. After all, England is who was bringing the slaves over to America in Jamestown and their colonies. If any country was social unjustice it's England.

This is 100% not what they are doing this for. Spin it anyway you want, but this is far removed from any social injustices. This is 100% POTUS.

The players who did not stand made their points. Now what are they doing? Bringing fans to hate them. Like it or not, fans, including myself dont want politics inserted into the one thing we can get away from all this political crap that goes on now.

Like I said in another thread, kneeling wont change one thing as far as social injustices go. It had further divided our nation. Want to do something productive, get with leaders and address the issues not do something you know is going to make people mad.

It has cost the NFL more than it will gain them. If they really want to make a stand, do what Ref says. Dont play. Lets see how many will lose the $$$ for a cause. You will see real quick where the heart is then.

It's easy to make a simple gesture and say "look at me, I care" then it is to do something of substance that will actually make an impact. Not just in this issue, but any.

It's easy to make a simple gesture and say "look at me, I care" then it is to do something of substance that will actually make an impact. Not just in this issue, but any.

So I assume this means you think Kaepernick really does care and his protest was/is sincere? He's donated $1M to various charities and organizations to help improve race relations..

So I assume this means you think Kaepernick really does care and his protest was/is sincere? He's donated $1M to various charities and organizations to help improve race relations..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he do that well after he got all the criticism about not doing anything of substance and not donating money to the cause?

I looked it up. He did afterward. Sure it's relevant. He did it in an attempt to save face. Otherwise he would have done it beforehand.

We'll have to disagree. If he wasn't serious about it, he wouldn't have given up $1M. He's not Tom Brady and worth hundreds of millions. While it isn't going to hurt him, it's still a significant chunk of coin.

We'll have to disagree. If he wasn't serious about it, he wouldn't have given up $1M. He's not Tom Brady and worth hundreds of millions. While it isn't going to hurt him, it's still a significant chunk of coin.

The guy has a degree in business management and a net worth of $22M. I think he can afford to drop $1M on a cause he is passionate about.

So does this also mean if a black man is working at Wendy's and a white owner tells them to get off the cash register and go take out garbage and clean bathrooms, is he also like a slave owner?

ESPN's "Pardon the Interruption" host Michael Wilbon compared Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to a slaveowner after Jones all but banned players from protesting during the national anthem.

ESPN's Wilbon Compares Jerry Jones to Slaveowner Over NFL Protests | Fox News Insider

I'm so sick of this protest crap. Is this what the 60's were like with all that protesting? If so, I'm so glad I missed all of that.

If your employer tells you to stand during the national anthem, then you stand. He's your boss. He signs your paychecks. He owns the company. If you don't agree or don't like it, that's ok, you can go find another job.

This is 100% not what they are doing this for. Spin it anyway you want, but this is far removed from any social injustices. This is 100% POTUS.

So Kap was protesting Obama then, because he was president when he started kneeling?