ESPN Host calls for boycott of NFL advertisers.

jericho

First off, they aren't my stats and you know that. Yes, you and I and some others are talking about, even though you claim I'm uncomfortable about it, which makes zero sense because if I were I wouldn't talk about it. His mistake was how he did it. A lot of people are only seeing disrespect for flag and country. That's on him for the wrong forum.

Again, he and other prominent African Americans ignore a bigger threat to other African Americans and I have to wonder why. Is it too uncomfortable for them?

That's a you (general you) problem. Not a Kaepernick problem.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First off, they aren't my stats and you know that. Yes, you and I and some others are talking about, even though you claim I'm uncomfortable about it, which makes zero sense because of I were I wouldn't talk about it. His mistake was how he did it. A lot of people are only seeing disrespect for flag and country. That's on him for the wrong forum.

Again, he and other prominent African Americans ignore a bigger threat to other African Americans and I have to wonder why. Is it too uncomfortable for them?

If you think African Americans are ignoring black on black crime you are simply misinformed. I didn't say they were your stats, I'm saying that they are the stats you are going to use. The fact that there is police brutality towards african-americans makes you uncomfortable because you keep acting like it doesn't exist, when it very clearly does. The people only seeing the flag and disrespect don't want to talk about why he is kneeling and would definitely fall into the category I defined yesterday as people who would be behind Kap had he knelt for the rights of veterans.

I disagree. Choosing a forum that will only infuriate the majority of people will assure you're message to fall on deaf ears, which is exactly what happened.

The people he infuriated are the same ones who would say that there isn't a problem with race relations between cops and blacks no matter how Kaepernick decided to protest.

Trump dug his own grave on this subject plain and simple.

This is likely a calculated political move that garners Trump more support as polling has shown that more Americans agree with him on this. Though divisive to most it appears to me that Trump actually maybe the only one that is getting a positive from it.

I do not agree that people would be okay with kneeling during the anthem if it was on behalf of veterans causes. Respect for the flag and anthem is so embedded in our culture there is no protest that people would accept that includes kneeling during the anthem. The initial reaction may have been more accepting than it was for Kaepernick but if the kneeling continued like it has, people would still be very upset with kneeling during the anthem.

If you think African Americans are ignoring black on black crime you are simply misinformed. I didn't say they were your stats, I'm saying that they are the stats you are going to use. The fact that there is police brutality towards african-americans makes you uncomfortable because you keep acting like it doesn't exist, when it very clearly does. The people only seeing the flag and disrespect don't want to talk about why he is kneeling and would definitely fall into the category I defined yesterday as people who would be behind Kap had he knelt for the rights of veterans.

You're making an assumption that I'm acting like it doesn't exist, even though I told you I know it exists. Not sure why you would do that.

They surely aren't taking near the action toward black on black crime like they are on this and it's certainly killing more black people. Were are the NFL protests on it? Where have they been for years? I'm sure many give money and talk to young inner city kids, but why not the same outrage and passion as for this?

This is likely a calculated political move that garners Trump more support as polling has shown that more Americans agree with him on this. Though divisive to most it appears to me that Trump actually maybe the only one that is getting a positive from it.

I'm not sure this accomplishes anything. His supporters still support him and he detractors still hate him. The last thing Trump needs to be doing is making the divide between his supporters and detractors larger. This is getting dangerously close to politics though so I would imagine this thread is getting closed soon if we don't get back on topic.

You're making an assumption that I'm acting like it doesn't exist, even though I told you I know it exists. Not sure why you would do that.

They surely aren't taking near the action toward black on black crime like they are on this and it's certainly killing more black people. Were are the NFL protests on it? Where have they been for years? I'm sure many give money and talk to young inner city kids, but why not the same outrage and passion as for this?

Just because we don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't take place. There are a number of organizations founded in inner cities designed solely to help this issue. We just don't hear about them because it's not as news worthy. We both knows who's responsible for this.

Just because we don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't take place. There are a number of organizations founded in inner cities designed solely to help this issue. We just don't hear about them because it's not as news worthy. We both knows who's responsible for this.

Who is responsible?