ESPN Host calls for boycott of NFL advertisers.

jericho

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kap was doing it for that reason. The others not so much. Business picked up when you know who got involved.
Obviously more players knelt after Trump made his remarks. But the players knelt because they felt threatened by the remarks the president made because they agreed with Kap to begin with they just didn't kneel.

Obviously more players knelt after Trump made his remarks. But the players knelt because they felt threatened by the remarks the president made because they agreed with Kap to begin with they just didn't kneel.

Lets see how many kneel when the $$$ is at stake....

Lets see how many kneel when the $$$ is at stake....
Kap knelt and it cost him a job in the league. I think the players are prepared, don't worry about them. They're smarter than you give them credit for. If they want to kneel, someone will still pay them. No matter what the players will always hold all the cards. There is no NFL without the players.

Kap knelt and it cost him a job in the league. I think the players are prepared, don't worry about them. They're smarter than you give them credit for. If they want to kneel, someone will still pay them. No matter what the players will always hold all the cards. There is no NFL without the players.

There’s always going to be another guy waiting in the wings.

There’s always going to be another guy waiting in the wings.
Yeah if you want to be the Browns and go 2-14 every year, you can certainly take that route. But what if it's an important player. I'll go to Seattle because it's sort of low hanging fruit in this situation, you think Seattle is going to bench Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, Earl Thomas, Doug Baldwin, etc. because if the rule comes out that they have to stand, they're sitting and they'll still play.

I am not worried about any of them. They are grown men making millions. Never did I say they are not smart, so I am confused why you would even say that. I just said lets see how much or long they kneel when it costs them something and like @lawildcat says, there are plenty that will step in. I dont watch anyway.

Plus I support their right to kneel. I also support the owners right to bench or fire them as they are employees and actions have consequences.

A lot of you all it so backwards, changes happen when the owners start losing money. If the rule passes that the players have to stand, you're going to have a lot of star players kneeling or even sitting for that matter. They're prepared, trust me. Listen to Richard Sherman talk, they're like doomsday preppers now, they're prepared financially to sit out games if they have to. They sit out games and the teams start losing, who's the real loser? It's not the players, it's the owners. If the rule that they have to stand comes to fruition, it won't be a rule very long and you can bet on that.

I am not worried about any of them. They are grown men making millions. Never did I say they are not smart, so I am confused why you would even say that. I just said lets see how much or long they kneel when it costs them something and like @lawildcat says, there are plenty that will step in. I dont watch anyway.

Plus I support their right to kneel. I also support the owners right to bench or fire them as they are employees and actions have consequences.

Yeah there are tons of dudes on the streets who can come fill in for star players... You want to fire them, fine. Someone else will pay them.

Yeah if you want to be the Browns and go 2-14 every year, you can certainly take that route. But what if it's an important player. I'll go to Seattle because it's sort of low hanging fruit in this situation, you think Seattle is going to bench Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, Earl Thomas, Doug Baldwin, etc. because if the rule comes out that they have to stand, they're sitting and they'll still play.

Browns suck. They could not win if they had a all star team.

It’s football, not rocket science.

Do your job while you’re at work and do your social activism on your own time.

Look I don't have all that much wrong with your stance. But if the players want to use the platform they are given to be social activists there is nothing any of us can do about it. If you are good at your job, someone will pay you. It's only the guys way down on the depth chart who would be affected and they are the ones with the quietest voices.