ESPN Host calls for boycott of NFL advertisers.

jericho

And this is why Dallas will never win another super bowl as long as Jerry is calling the shots. Nobody wants to play for that guy.
Jerry is considered one of, if not the most player-friendly owners in the league. Dallas is know to let the proverbial "inmates run the asylum." For the most part players love Jerry Jones. Just two weeks ago he usurped the authority of Garrett to protect Zeke. Now maybe nobody wants to coach under Jerry, that I agree with.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jerry is considered one of, if not the most player-friendly owners in the league. Dallas is know to let the proverbial "inmates run the asylum." For the most part players love Jerry Jones.

After the comments he made do they still feel that way?

So I assume people are confused on what to do. People are calling for boycotts because they are taking a knee and Ms. Hill is calling for a boycott for taking a stand to stop the kneeling. If people quit buying from advertisers, who declares they won?

As I said earlier, the NFL is in a pickle.

Jones has the right to tell them to stand during the anthem, correct? It's a work place, correct? Why is everyone so shocked or angry about it? Isn't this exactly what most of you usually agree with when it comes to other companies?

You'll have to point out the "shocked" or "angry" posts....I've not seen anyone claim he doesn't have the right to say this.

I've posted on this topic very little if at all. My take away is that everyone has a right to protest (in a legal manner) anything they want to. However if I ever tried to protest while I was at work (regardless of the cause), I would have been given immediate discipline...up to and including termination if I didn't stop it.

The owners have the right to tell the players not protest during games, but they have to be strong enough to sit the players if they don't abide.

The players have the right to protest, but they have to be strong enough to face the consequences if they lose compensation in the form of salary or endorsements.