1A #1 Beechwood vs. 1A #6 Ludlow

Bac2369

Who wins?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I was at this game last year and I think it was 35-0 in the 1st qtr., and could have been worse. You're telling me that that much has changed in 1 year?

Well Ludlow also went 3 and 7 last year against I believe the same schedule they faced this year. So obviously that much has changed considering they are now 7 and 0 this season.

People fail to realize when you have a young team like Ludlow had last year. That gaining that experience can go a far way in making a big jump the next year. Plus having that winning mindset now is huge. Last year they probably didn't believe going into the Beechwood game, I guarntee this year they do. That makes a big difference.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be awesome for the Ludlow program to beat Beechwood on Friday, but I think Beechwood may win this one comfortably, I expect a close 1st Half but Beechwood will be too much in the 2nd half, Beechwood by 21.

I honestly think the Panthers are good.

I assume Coach Rash thinks so too. This is a really good team, possibly the best team in Beechwoods district since NewCath left.

They’ll be ready.

I think Ludlow has a punchers chance, but Beechwood proves too much.

My question for this game would be if anyone thinks Ludlow can score more points than Simon Kenton did against Beechwood? Only Cov Cath had their way with Beechwood's defense and Corbin's high powered offense managed 29. Beechwood let up 14 to Lloyd and has 3 shutouts. Ludlow will have to score a bunch to keep this game close in my opinion. Are they capable?

My question for this game would be if anyone thinks Ludlow can score more points than Simon Kenton did against Beechwood? Only Cov Cath had their way with Beechwood's defense and Corbin's high powered offense managed 29. Beechwood let up 14 to Lloyd and has 3 shutouts. Ludlow will have to score a bunch to keep this game close in my opinion. Are they capable?

How do you describe "had their way"?

For Comparison: Total Defense: (Total Yards/Rushing/Passing) :: PTs Scored :: Total Offense Beechwood(Total Yards/Rushing/Passing)

Lloyd (324/302/22) 14 (345/185/160)

Corbin (417/161/256) 29 (340/119/231)

CovCath (411/173/238) 45 (203/80/123)

Simon K (349/162/187) 22 (256/89/167)

Edited by BubbyKY

Pulling for Ludlow in this one. It's a long overdue breath of fresh air to see a 1A team in district 4 whose name wasn't Beechwood that was capable of beating more than 1 team in the district. I expect Beechwood to win, but I'm hoping Ludlow can pull off an upset.

When was the last time Ludlow beat Beechwood?

Lloyd was the first game of the season and its very uncommon for a Beechwood team to give up 300 yards on the ground. I look at Lloyds numbers and they have 308 rushing yards listed on 42 carries. I averaged that out and it's just a little over 7 yards a carry. Corbins average on 161 yards on 26 carries is just over 6 yards a carry. Covington Catholic averaged 5.5 yards a carry on 182 yards on 32 carries. Simon Kenton averaged just over 3 yards a carry on 157 yards on 47 carries.

Beechwoods defense has got better at stopping the run over the season but this will be a run heavy offense again like Lloyd was but I'm not sure who is the better running team but Ludlow may have the best athlete out of the too. Ludlow will need to convert some pass plays to keep Beechwood from

Loading the box on them. I'm going to guess that Ludlow will have more passing yards than what Lloyd did against Beechwood.