Who wins?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this game at Beechwood or Ludlow?

Beechwood. Which is a huge factor. Turf. Big Home Crowd. Small area for Visiting fans. Good cheeseburgers. No Parking. 23 announcements that cars will be towed from the Kroger Lot if not parked in designated spots. Nice band. Walk 1/2 mile to the restroom.

Beechwood. Which is a huge factor. Turf. Big Home Crowd. Small area for Visiting fans. Good cheeseburgers. No Parking. 23 announcements that cars will be towed from the Kroger Lot if not parked in designated spots. Nice band. Walk 1/2 mile to the restroom.

I'm cracking up.

Coming out and making a statement aren't they?

I busted their chops about it too and I was quickly reminded they are being consistent by giving me the weekly assessment.

Frankly, The Beechwood Authority has been right on this year.

With all that said, good luck Beechwood, good luck Ludlow, I hope it is a competitive game.

But, and I repeat....."but", the best cheeseburgers at any football stadium in the country. Large fresh buns, with burger thick and bigger than the buns. Hot off the grill with all the fixings for only $4. Try one, satisfaction guaranteed by me.

Justin Blackburn is impressive. He is faster than he looks. He is strong and tough. He will break tackles. His arm and passing is good enough to cause damage. I will be surprised if he doesn't break off a couple nice big plays for Ludlow.

Ludlow's line does basic straight ahead zone blocking and lets Blackburn pick his holes off read options. Blackburn does not need much of an opening to get good yardage. The problem Ludlow and Blackburn will likely face is they have not seen line play anything like what Beechwood will put in front of them. The second problem is Beechwood has speed and athletes all over the field. Blackburn will break tackles but there will be two more Tigers there as soon as he breaks one tackle. There will be a lot of plays with 4,5 or more Tigers in on the tackles.

I expect Ludlow and Blackburn to try the passing game early. They will use play action passes and try to catch Beechwood's linebackers and defensive backs looking into the backfield. Receiver Vallandingham and running back Stratton are both solid players capable of making nice plays, especially Vallandingham. However, I just don't see enough weapons for Ludlow to be able to score the points they will need to win the game. Ludlow may hang for a while but Beechwood will pull away as the game goes on.

I think Beechwood is moving to 2A next season. That said, I totally agree with your post to the point where Beechwood should be playing in 2 or 3A depending on what location of district opponents makes sense.

Beechwood will be 1A next year. Realignment happens in 2019. Schools will be in their current classes again next year.