Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mass Shooting in Las Vegas

Featured Replies

That concerts are very soft targets and need to be hardened.

 

How do you “harden” this target?? I just don’t see how any steps concert organizers would have prevented this type of shooting from happening.

  • Replies 330
  • Views 28.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The venue was virtually undefendable from the elevated position of the hotel room. In the process of filing a permit for this type of event, a threat analysis should have been performed and the venue nixed, as the organizers of the concert had no control over the hotel access.

 

Might as well just not have any sort of event ever. GABP has hotels and office buildings that look into it. Guess they should never have another baseball game there.

The venue was virtually undefendable from the elevated position of the hotel room. In the process of filing a permit for this type of event, a threat analysis should have been performed and the venue nixed, as the organizers of the concert had no control over the hotel access.

 

I get it. But something like this has never happened. Hard to predict something that’s never happened. It does show how easy it is to cause mass carnage. Do we just shut down all events that aren’t in defendable venues?? That’s why this is so scary. There probably aren’t many large outdoor venues that are defendable from these types of weapons and someone willing to use them.

Evil people will find a way to make evil things happen. If we didn't have guns or access to hotels overlooking a venue, it would be a box truck full of explosives.

 

It's hard to stay one step ahead.

The venue was virtually undefendable from the elevated position of the hotel room. In the process of filing a permit for this type of event, a threat analysis should have been performed and the venue nixed, as the organizers of the concert had no control over the hotel access.

Should the Cardinal stop playing games in Busch Stadium? I mean there's a hotel about the same distance as this from the stadium. You could do essentially the same thing.

We will have to wait on the details, but even if obtained legally ( of which I am skeptical) how does registered ownership of multiple automatic weapons not raise red flags?

 

Also, were there no lessons learned from the Ariana Grande concert attack in the UK?

Has it been confirmed that they were automatic? I'm guessing some (1 or 2) may have been but I seriously doubt all 40 were. I could see him having some variety of semi auto rifles but not full auto.

Should the Cardinal stop playing games in Busch Stadium? I mean there's a hotel about the same distance as this from the stadium. You could do essentially the same thing.

 

I stayed in that hotel a couple weeks ago. Clear sight lines directly into the stadium from multiple angles..

Has it been confirmed that they were automatic? I'm guessing some (1 or 2) may have been but I seriously doubt all 40 were. I could see him having some variety of semi auto rifles but not full auto.

 

I thought I saw that he had semi auto rifles with something that converted them to fully automatic.

Has it been confirmed that they were automatic? I'm guessing some (1 or 2) may have been but I seriously doubt all 40 were. I could see him having some variety of semi auto rifles but not full auto.

 

Reports say he modified the semis to make them fully automatic. Fully automatic weapons have been banned in the U.S. since I think 1986.

Heard an interesting theory today from a friend in Vegas questioning if he acted alone (two windows broken out, two "shooting stations"), or if he was even the shooter; or merely forced to rent the room, etc. and then killed by the real perpetrators to make it appear he was a lone, crazed gunman who shot himself as police closed in while they snuck off? Guessing this would be fairly easy to confirm via surveillance cameras of the hallway, etc.from the last few days; or if they can come up with a real motive? Also heard he was deep in debt to a couple of casinos ($ 1-2 million+)?

 

I hate conspiracy theories by those who know nothing about the investigation.

 

Five Things That Don’t Add up About the Las Vegas Shooting – REALfarmacy.com

Reports say he modified the semis to make them fully automatic. Fully automatic weapons have been banned in the U.S. since I think 1986.

 

Actually I think the ban dates back to the 30's during the Great Gangsters era.

That list is just terrible.

 

I think a lot of people are freaking out because this doesn't fit the template. It's out of the box in so many ways that no one could possibly admit that it could just be a random kook who broke the mold.

 

People tend to be unable to just admit that sometimes things in this life happen over which they have no control or predictability.

And what could have concert organizers done?? The shooter was over a 1/4 mile away from the venue in a hotel room. Way to large of an area to secure, and it’s not like they could sweep and inspect every hotel room.

 

Watched a dude from secret service chat yesterday. He said they have a device that recognizes where the sound comes from and points a laser at the site. They use it and set up sharp shooters at various Angles. Great concept but I’m assuming very expensive and I don’t think anyon is willing to double the price of an admission ticket to have devices and snipers due to some random clown.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.