Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mass Shooting in Las Vegas

Featured Replies

Guy is reportedly a registered Sex Offender also.

 

 

Update: Looks like that report is false

Edited by Jumper_Dad

  • Replies 330
  • Views 28.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can someone do this? I have no idea how this is even possible. Just absolutely heartbreaking. I can't believe what this world is coming to.

Has anything said how he was able to get the window from his room open?

 

This is what I was wondering. I've stayed at Mandalay several times, and at least in the rooms I've been in, the windows are floor to ceiling with way to open them.

Reports are that he had been in the room since the 28th and at least 10 rifles were recovered from his room.

 

The female who's ID was found in the room is actually out of the country at this time according to the Sheriff.

Thank God! I have heard from all my friends and they are safe!

Thank God! I have heard from all my friends and they are safe!

 

Very glad to hear it RM!

Shooter committed suicide. Haven't read whole thread but just saw that on twitter

What a terrible tragedy. There are some truly evil people in this world. I hope he is burning right now.

 

Twitter is an awful place for terrible people to gather. I've seen some awful people expose themselves during every tragedy there.

Prayers and sympathy to all the victims and their families.

 

My question is how do we respond to this kind of tragedy?

 

In the modern world of Data Analytics, behaviour can be predicted based upon online social footprints, personal metadata and purchasing history. If applied to law enforcement however, we would most certainly have objections based on anti profiling principles. How do we balance liberty and security?

 

I have to wonder how someone with a dozen or more automatic weapons does not pop up on domestic terror threat matrix?

Prayers and sympathy to all the victims and their families.

 

My question is how do we respond to this kind of tragedy?

 

In the modern world of Data Analytics, behaviour can be predicted based upon online social footprints, personal metadata and purchasing history. If applied to law enforcement however, we would most certainly have objections based on anti profiling principles. How do we balance liberty and security?

 

I have to wonder how someone with a dozen or more automatic weapons does not pop up on domestic terror threat matrix?

If he had a dozen or more automatic weapons I'm guessing there is no chance he got them legally. He either modified semi auto rifles or purchased full auto on the black market.
If he had a dozen or more automatic weapons I'm guessing there is no chance he got them legally. He either modified semi auto rifles or purchased full auto on the black market.

Next to zero chance he got them legally unless he modified like you said. It's only a matter of time before this too turns political.

If he had a dozen or more automatic weapons I'm guessing there is no chance he got them legally. He either modified semi auto rifles or purchased full auto on the black market.

 

Agreed

@AP

 

Without providing evidence, Islamic State claims Las Vegas attack, says shooter converted to Islam months ago.

@AP

 

Without providing evidence, Islamic State claims Las Vegas attack, says shooter converted to Islam months ago.

 

Of course they say that :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.