Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is it time for another American flag?

Featured Replies

We fundamentally disagree.

 

Yes, we do. I think one shouldn't change another person's words to suit their own purpose.

  • Replies 135
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our leaders shouldn't be dishing out bad medicine(or any medicine) to sports figures or leagues.

Certainly not while 3.5 million Americans are in dire need after Hurricane Maria.

Yes, we do. I think one shouldn't change another person's words to suit their own purpose.

 

You can come down off the high horse. I didn't purposely misquote him.

 

I do not believe you can not show pride in the flag and respect it at the same time.

 

Is that clear enough?

Certainly not while 3.5 million Americans are in dire need after Hurricane Maria.

 

Sometimes our priorities are out of line.

Outrage rules the roost while decency is ignored.

  • Author
Did you have a problem with POTUS Obama saying police acted stupidly and rushing to judgement on nearly every police involved shooting of a person of color before all the facts were in?

 

Isn't that "dishing out bad medicine"?

 

No, that was ok for him to do that. It was agenda driven.

I completely respect your thorough assessment, and think that you have raised numerous legitimate points and concerns. What you have laid out here is a great example of why both sides could benefit greatly from hearing each other out.

 

Regarding kneeling, right or wrong, and depending on who is doing the judging of it, I agree that it's time to move past this as the way to demonstrate, and while it has indeed spawned discussion, like you have said, with so many being offended by it, it's damaging the message that they're trying to send, and is in many ways back firing as being an effective approach. This form of protest needs to no longer be the main focus when the reasons go much deeper than that.

 

I would hope that we could all agree that disrespect was not the intent, have them apologize to those who they have offended, have those offended offer that they do understand the intent even while being offended, and have everyone once and for all understand it for what it is, and no matter how it is viewed, allow it to be the catalyst to open fruitful discussion with an honest passionate attempt to find real and fair solutions.

 

With that said, I will respectfully concede and bow to you as you rightfully take over the throne as the newly appointed reigning king of long-winded responses. You have more than earned it, and never let it be said that I don't fully recognize when I have been outdone as I graciously step down, turning over this most honorable position of power to its rightful occupant... your royal highness @oldgrappler

 

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

 

Well, thank you, very kindly, @B-Ball-fan. But I sincerely hope my reign is short-lived. :sssh:

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

 

Well, thank you, very kindly, @B-Ball-fan. But I sincerely hope my reign is short-lived. :sssh:

 

You're very welcome @oldgrabbler

 

...And no no...your reign is well deserved, and just remember that with all of this power comes a ton of responsibility.

 

I have total faith that you will handle it like a champ, and with the utmost integrity.

 

All Hail to the King!!! :notworthy:

 

Dilly Dilly !!!

 

:dancingpa

You can come down off the high horse. I didn't purposely misquote him.

 

I do not believe you can not show pride in the flag and respect it at the same time.

 

Is that clear enough?

 

I wasn't on a high horse. You misquoted a guy Kaepernick more than once on a statement that has already been quoted thousands on thousands of times in the media. Pardon me for thinking it looked intentional.

 

To your belief on one note being able to not show pride in the flag and still respect it at the same time. So "pride" is an outward showing of being proud of something, correct?

 

So my senior year in high school my football team took a pounding from Cincinnati Moeller. I respected that Moeller team because they were VERY good. However, I can promise you that as much as I respected that team, I was not proud of the team, nor did I have any pride in my own team getting pounded. So are you saying that you don't believe that it was possible for me to have respect for that team yet not be proud of them.....or are you saying that a flag is the exception to the rule?

I wasn't on a high horse. You misquoted a guy Kaepernick more than once on a statement that has already been quoted thousands on thousands of times in the media. Pardon me for thinking it looked intentional.

 

To your belief on one note being able to not show pride in the flag and still respect it at the same time. So "pride" is an outward showing of being proud of something, correct?

 

So my senior year in high school my football team took a pounding from Cincinnati Moeller. I respected that Moeller team because they were VERY good. However, I can promise you that as much as I respected that team, I was not proud of the team, nor did I have any pride in my own team getting pounded. So are you saying that you don't believe that it was possible for me to have respect for that team yet not be proud of them.....or are you saying that a flag is the exception to the rule?

 

I served my country before and would do it again at age 57 if need be. I hold this country, the flag and the national anthem in high regard.

 

I'll say again,I do not believe you can not show pride in the flag and respect it at the same time.

I think its hypocritical of them.

 

And in my opinion, so is a draft dodger who calls them foul names.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #8

The media wants you to believe the Cowboys kneeled down during the National Anthem but they didn't, they stood for it.

Fake news has so many fooled.

You must be watching Fox News, because every media site that I have seen to this point clearly identifies that the Cowboys to a knee "before" the National Anthem was played, and stop with interlocked arms during. Not Fake News. Stop stealing #45 words..:lol:

Come on...he defends those who serve?

 

We're talking about a guy who accepted four student deferments so he DIDN'T have to serve in Vietnam, who is on record as attacking Senator McCain who was a Vietnam POW for 5-1/2 for not being a war hero because he was captured. He's also made claims that McCain has done very little for veterans...and that was after McCain had (among other things) been co-sponsor of a bill that overhauled the VA in 2014.

 

He doesn't defend anything but his own agendas.

 

If I could triple like this post, I would.

Thank you CWB!

  • Author

So,if kneeling is about social injustice awareness, can someone please explain how people are being subject do to social injustice.

  • Author
If I could triple like this post, I would.

Thank you CWB!

 

Name me a squeaky clean politician.

You must be watching Fox News, because every media site that I have seen to this point clearly identifies that the Cowboys to a knee "before" the National Anthem was played, and stop with interlocked arms during. Not Fake News. Stop stealing #45 words..:lol:

 

You quoted his post that clearly stated "The media wants you to believe the Cowboys kneeled down during the National Anthem but they didn't", then you act as if he was wrong. That's disingenuous.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.