Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Beechwood frustrated by Covington Catholic / Coach Eviston?

Featured Replies

I'm hearing there have been a few feathers ruffled at Beechwood the last couple of years because of the way that Eviston has had Covington Catholic do 95% of their warming up at CCH rather than Beechwood. Then they show up on the busses just before the game, run a few short minutes of team drill and go straight to the coin toss.

 

The complaint I actually heard issued was "It's gives off an air of arrogance, kind of like, we're only going to roll in here for the game, then we're going to beat you and leave like it doesn't even matter."

 

Is this a legitimate gripe among any of the Beechwood faction?

  • Replies 84
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    Top Ten Complaints heard from parents at the Beechwood / Cov Cath game:   10. Can you believe that crowd was so big we had to sit on the hillside in the grass instead of the bleachers?   9. I ca

I'm hearing there have been a few feathers ruffled at Beechwood the last couple of years because of the way that Eviston has had Covington Catholic do 95% of their warming up at CCH rather than Beechwood. Then they show up on the busses just before the game, run a few short minutes of team drill and go straight to the coin toss.

 

The complaint I actually heard issued was "It's gives off an air of arrogance, kind of like, we're only going to roll in here for the game, then we're going to beat you and leave like it doesn't even matter."

 

Is this a legitimate gripe among any of the Beechwood faction?

 

This is something to gripe about??

  • Author
This is something to gripe about??

 

I didn't feel like it was, but the group of 6 Beechwood parents and alumni I was speaking to sure were unhappy about it. Apparently this has taken place two years in a row now?

:lol2: Sounds like CovCath has gotten into the Beechwood faction's heads and they can't figure out how to remove them. The cure is to just win...

They did this very thing two years ago in the playoffs versus Highlands and we all know how that turned out. There was discussion of this tactic back then and what would happen if they were to get stuck in traffic or even in an accident. How, when and where they warmup should not mean much to anyone IMO except for the coach and his players.

Other than gate revenue, I don't see why Beechwood schedules Cov Cath. This has been a total beat down for as long as I can remember. Playing a top 5 5A program is too big of a jump for 1A, even if you are BW. In all honesty, BW looked like a freshman squad next to Cov Cath.

Doesn't McCracken Co warm up in their indoor facility and then just run out for the coin flip when at home?

Beechwood defeated CovCath at least once in the last 4 years I believe.

 

2014 at CovCath.

I'm hearing there have been a few feathers ruffled at Beechwood the last couple of years because of the way that Eviston has had Covington Catholic do 95% of their warming up at CCH rather than Beechwood. Then they show up on the busses just before the game, run a few short minutes of team drill and go straight to the coin toss.

 

The complaint I actually heard issued was "It's gives off an air of arrogance, kind of like, we're only going to roll in here for the game, then we're going to beat you and leave like it doesn't even matter."

 

Is this a legitimate gripe among any of the Beechwood faction?

 

I thought it was pretty cool. I hope SK comes in the same from Krogers.

Bryson Warner would have Ryle do that for big games. They would come in with Police escorts.

  • Author
Bryson Warner would have Ryle do that for big games. They would come in with Police escorts.

 

Cov Cath had police escorts to Beechwood on Friday...and they also had Coach Warner on the bus with them :)

Cov Cath had police escorts to Beechwood on Friday...and they also had Coach Warner on the bus with them :)

 

CWB, I enjoy setting it up on a tee for you.

Don't have a problem with it , especially given the fact of the close proximity ... maybe it's Coach's way of keeping their focus .. the fans are still coming so that doesn't effect the gate , not sure why this would be an issue ??

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.