Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott County 71 Highlands 20

Featured Replies

I mean, we sure as hell aren't satisfied with the worst two highlands teams we have seen in 50+ years......back to back.

 

This year remains to be seen, but the days of "We didn't win state so we are going to riot" are over. And every current fan of this team is aware of that.

 

Well thats sad to hear. Thats what made Highlands my favorite NKY team, the passion and fans that cared so much. To hear that is sad.

  • Replies 172
  • Views 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your Final.....52-34. Scott Co's 3 scores in the last 6-7 Minutes of the game with a short field means nothing to me....I'm not here to make excuses but if you use those points to Judge a game(s) outcome then you don't know much about Football.

 

Scott County is 3 TD's better than Highlands right now. Period! Not 50 points...I will use the Ohio St & Indiana score last night in the difference in both programs right now. Yeah I get it, Indiana will never be on the Level as Ohio St is or will never be but just giving you a correct perspective if you weren't watching it Live and in person...IMO!

 

Does Indiana Suck? Depends on who you ask but they did move the ball and even put points on the board in meaningful parts of the game. As did Highlands! Was Highlands ever going to win that game last night?...NOPE! Was Highlands competitive.....YEP!

 

 

This is completely ignorant. SC pulled their starters and continued to score 3 more times. All the score proves is that SC's JV is far beyond Highlands as well as their Varsity. No rational football fan who watched the game would it competitive. Other than the clock running out in their last possession SC scored EVERY OTHER TIME they had the ball as well as force 3 turnovers and hold Highlands to 20 points. The score of the game was very indicative of the level of each team. Your logic is extremely flawed, give credit where it is due. SC is running clock better that HHS on any field.

I mean, we sure as hell aren't satisfied with the worst two highlands teams we have seen in 50+ years......back to back.

 

This year remains to be seen, but the days of "We didn't win state so we are going to riot" are over. And every current fan of this team is aware of that.

 

Are you kidding me with that comment? The team two years ago was a state semifinalist that honestly should have been in the state finals if not for some very questionable coaching decisions in crunch time.

This is completely ignorant. SC pulled their starters and continued to score 3 more times. All the score proves is that SC's JV is far beyond Highlands as well as their Varsity. No rational football fan who watched the game would it competitive. Other than the clock running out in their last possession SC scored EVERY OTHER TIME they had the ball as well as force 3 turnovers and hold Highlands to 20 points. The score of the game was very indicative of the level of each team. Your logic is extremely flawed, give credit where it is due. SC is running clock better that HHS on any field.

 

Honestly, the turnovers killed us, as did that call on the onside where Steiden stripped the ball and they called the player down when he was up/no whistle/still moving forward. We weren't able to generate any turn overs of our own like we did in the first two games of the season.

 

The running game for us was not going to work...even with Cooper Schwalbach. He didn't lose yardage, but he was only getting 1-3 per carry. We needed to open it up early and hit some downfield passes - which we did not, partly because we didn't call many of those plays and partly because when we did, the passes were missed.

 

There's no one, and I mean NO ONE, that is going to sit here and say that should have been a two score game. SC has some incredible talent, and to claim that we belonged in the same stadium as them is a disservice to SC.

Well thats sad to hear. Thats what made Highlands my favorite NKY team, the passion and fans that cared so much. To hear that is sad.

 

HHS has has some down years, while others have had some progress. There's something about having the worst teams in 50+ years back to back that will bring you into reality pretty quickly. That doesn't mean that I'm not going to be a rabid fan that shows up an hour early to games and stops by practice when I can. It just means my expectations are different than those of 7 years ago.

Ha. Fair enough. It's nothing to hang a hat on...we still got beat, but I think it shows we are better than we played last night. SC certainly seems to be an elite team in KY (currently ranked #2 in the state behind Trinity, I believe).

 

EDIT: Also, I'm new here. Who are you referencing and where's the thread so I can laugh?

 

 

No, they are #4 in 6A behind the following:

 

1) Trinity

2) St. X

3) Male

4) Scott County

 

Although some may argue that SC should be #5 behind PRP right now.

I am happy Scott County will have to face Saint Xavier, Male, or PRP in state playoffs. Only one of these teams can make it to Kroger Field!

 

 

I dunno, I always like the T-SC games.

Nope, this game was a run the score up because we can. They struggled with Lafayette last week.

Wrong here my friend. Lafayette extremely talented and SC won by 10 to a team they had lost too the previous 3 meetings. Interesting definition of struggled. Second team units were put into the game as soon as the running clock rule was enforced, they scored 71 points because they have a very good junior varsity and take JV football seriously.

Honestly, the turnovers killed us, as did that call on the onside where Steiden stripped the ball and they called the player down when he was up/no whistle/still moving forward. We weren't able to generate any turn overs of our own like we did in the first two games of the season.

 

The running game for us was not going to work...even with Cooper Schwalbach. He didn't lose yardage, but he was only getting 1-3 per carry. We needed to open it up early and hit some downfield passes - which we did not, partly because we didn't call many of those plays and partly because when we did, the passes were missed.

 

There's no one, and I mean NO ONE, that is going to sit here and say that should have been a two score game. SC has some incredible talent, and to claim that we belonged in the same stadium as them is a disservice to SC.

 

I appreciate you being a clear Highlands supporter and still backing your team as well as giving credit to us. Trust me, I was there in 2012 when Highlands threw the running clock on SC and sent them running out of Ft. Thomas 60 to 30 something. I have a great amount of respect for what the tradition and Highlands and have no doubt that at some point they will rise again.

No, they are #4 in 6A behind the following:

 

1) Trinity

2) St. X

3) Male

4) Scott County

 

Although some may argue that SC should be #5 behind PRP right now.

 

Oh, I was looking at MaxPreps.

 

1. Trinity

2. Scott County

3. Johnson Central

4. Covington Catholic

5. St. X

Oh, I was looking at MaxPreps.

 

1. Trinity

2. Scott County

3. Johnson Central

4. Covington Catholic

5. St. X

 

 

You'll find that the BGP rankings tend the be the most accurate ones.

Not overly surprised at the result of this game. As others have mentioned from a previous thread, I too told people not to read too much into the win over Cooper. They fought and came back and beat an above avg. CC team in OT and I'll stand by my previous comments, HHS is just slightly better than last year.

Not overly surprised at the result of this game. As others have mentioned from a previous thread, I too told people not to read too much into the win over Cooper. They fought and came back and beat an above avg. CC team in OT and I'll stand by my previous comments, HHS is just slightly better than last year.

 

So you're predicting 4 wins this year then?

Personally I have the below results

 

W - Cooper

W - Campbell County

L- Scott County

W - Ryle

L - Lex Cath

L - SK

W - Dixie

L- Cov Cath

W- Greenwood

W - Boone County

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.