Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott County 71 Highlands 20

Featured Replies

Was Scott county's offense really that good? Is it the HHS D? Is it the old/new D coordinator? There has been a lot of Highlands teams that have played better teams in the past. Yes, I know this is not a HHS team of the past. But 71 points to any team is really hard to see. Almost makes me want to root for some former HHS coaches that I played for (aka go camels?) rather than the team I played for.

  • Replies 172
  • Views 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unlike most chiming in, I was at the game... Regardless of score, refs were an embarrassment. Watch the tape and disagree. I dare ya. I wouldn't have let highlands back on the field for a long while after the the strip by hhs player on kick off second half to protest. Highlands lost Schwalbach, Huber, Cramer, etc to injury.... Scratch my eyes out offensive play calling by HHS two different series at the goal line. Running three straight times with sophomore rb thrown in with zero varsity experience after Schwalbach injury.....when pass game was showing major success... Was, well, scratch your eyes out awful! GO TO UPPER CLASSMEN in that spot! Game should have been 27-21 at half.... Awful play calling by hhs and refs caused 14 pt swing. Hhs can't beat this team.... 4-1 school size will do that to you...Hhs moved the ball and didn't finish.... And yes, they are top three in Nky... Time will prove it.... My last implore.... Use the pass to open up the run.... Huber and Cramer, both at 6'3 could "Gronk" it at will.... That opens up the run and Venneman on the outside.

Well said, Midway.

 

Many in here weren't there and didn't see it with their own eyes. We would not have won, but the score would have been respectable if the calls would have been made and Cooper didn't get hurt. That hurt us bad. The sophomore that coughed up the Ball twice shouldn't have stepped foot back on the field. Your primary job as a RB is to protect the ball, the second is to gain positive yardage.

Was Scott county's offense really that good? Is it the HHS D? Is it the old/new D coordinator? There has been a lot of Highlands teams that have played better teams in the past. Yes, I know this is not a HHS team of the past. But 71 points to any team is really hard to see. Almost makes me want to root for some former HHS coaches that I played for (aka go camels?) rather than the team I played for.

 

The defensive scheme is insane honestly. A 3-5 with a dramatically undersized team won't work against a good run attack...which has been proven the past two weeks now. Add to it that the CBs are taught to cushion 10 yards and you have a recipe for disaster.

 

Unless the offense is putting up 40+ per game, this could be a long season. And it's not looking good. The passing game is weak at best....almost no downfield threat. 90% of throws over 25 yards weren't even close tonight. Last weeks completion percentage was due in large part to almost all passing being under 15 yards....many at the line or behind it.

Last year I'm pretty sure it was damn close. The majority of the games the D gave up 50+. O believe the average was 42.

 

Further proving my point that highlands is nowhere near what they have been for the last two decades that I have been a follower.

Further proving my point that highlands is nowhere near what they have been for the last two decades that I have been a follower.

 

I don't think anyone that's got an IQ higher than a doorknob is claiming they are...

Pay attention. We have very few seniors that start this year. You honestly think that's not young? Sophomores starting? Come on man.

 

An excuse? Nope. We got beat like a drum. A reason we got beat like a drum is more like it. That team is much, much better than we are.

 

Pay attention to what?? I said we have a lot of juniors playing and if they aren't good enough to impact the game then I doubt they will impact much differently as seniors. Juniors playing isn't young. Now if we were majority sophomores starting then yes I would say that's young.

 

I know you mentioned we had some sophomores starting, the only sophomore I know that's starting on D is the younger Schwalbach and he is tough and will become a hell of a player. There may be more but that's the only one I know of unless there are others that came in due to injury.

 

It's just hard not to see highlands as the no doubt top dog in nky and all of ky minus maybe T and X on most years.

I'm saying a lack of seniors is a problem. If you really think a full year of Varsity experience won't make a monumental difference, you've lost me.

 

And I agree. Mason Schwalbach will be an absolute stud. Also Bryson Huddleston will be back sometime in October (soph), and he will without question also be a stud. Give these kids one more year and they will be a force to be reckoned with. Just not this year.

I'm saying a lack of seniors is a problem. If you really think a full year of Varsity experience won't make a monumental difference, you've lost me.

 

And I agree. Mason Schwalbach will be an absolute stud. Also Bryson Huddleston will be back sometime in October (soph), and he will without question also be a stud. Give these kids one more year and they will be a force to be reckoned with. Just not this year.

 

Lack of seniors definitely can be a problem, a team needs that leadership. Issue is coming off the worst season in the last 60 years I don't know what kind of leadership would be provided by seniors that participated in the last two years of debacle... It may be a growing pain type season for this team with a brighter future for some of these younger players.

I can agree with you there. What I'm trying to get at is these juniors that played JV last year as sophomores went 8-2 and both losses were by a single score. Add the exceptionally strong sophomore class this year and we will do well next year. This year is for improvements. Calling 7 total wins.

I can agree with you there. What I'm trying to get at is these juniors that played JV last year as sophomores went 8-2 and both losses were by a single score. Add the exceptionally strong sophomore class this year and we will do well next year. This year is for improvements. Calling 7 total wins.

 

Time will tell and I hope you're right.

Ouch... that's a big-time Ftball score...dang that's a basketball score 71pts...

Not sure how that works. CCH Alumn here but have not seen them this talented in years! Hope for the best, but know BG is a force to be reckoned with and............ Any given Friday...

Was Scott county's offense really that good? Is it the HHS D? Is it the old/new D coordinator? There has been a lot of Highlands teams that have played better teams in the past. Yes, I know this is not a HHS team of the past. But 71 points to any team is really hard to see. Almost makes me want to root for some former HHS coaches that I played for (aka go camels?) rather than the team I played for.

 

Well don't let the door hit ya if your allegiance to Highlands is that weak. Lets not get over dramatic here.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.