Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott County 71 Highlands 20

Featured Replies

HHS is young. People were seeing what they (desperately) wanted to see rather than the reality that this team is at least a year away.

  • Replies 172
  • Views 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scott County hammers Highlands, 71-20

 

It might have been a night early, but the Scott County High School football offense was right on time Thursday.

 

The Cardinals scored on all 10 of their complete possessions, and the defense did its part with three takeaways in a 71-20 rout of Highlands at Toyota Stadium.

 

Payton Brown scored three touchdowns, while Brice Fryman added two along with a team-high 177 yards. Josh Davis was 7-for-10 through the air for 153 yards, including a 66-yard TD pass to Glenn Covington.

 

Austin Barnett, Philip Garner, Bronson Brown and Keon Edwards each added a TD run to the relentless attack for Scott County (3-0), which amassed 580 total yards.

Scott County had 11 possessions tonight. One ended at the half. The other 10 ended in touchdowns.

The officiating post was due to the questions about the officiating posts in the live game updates. Would we have won if all penalties were called? No, probably not.

 

It is worth noting it was the worst officiating I've seen in the past 5 years minimum.

Trying to find an analogy, Highlands is now in the Tubby era. They will play hard and have great kids. But they aren't Highlands anymore.

Scott County had 11 possessions tonight. One ended at the half. The other 10 ended in touchdowns.

 

Their athleticism is ridiculous. Plenty of play makers and they moved the ball at will. I think they had only 1 fourth down all night. Many scores were quick....less than 5 plays. It was a blood bath, make no mistake about that.

HHS is young. People were seeing what they (desperately) wanted to see rather than the reality that this team is at least a year away.

 

The birds are VERY injured right now and it showed. I hope they are able to heal up and get healthy. At several points in the game, the D had 3 sophomores , 6 juniors, and 2 seniors on the field... SC was too much for them to handle... by the way, the big lineman is a beast for SC.

HHS is young. People were seeing what they (desperately) wanted to see rather than the reality that this team is at least a year away.

 

I'll agree. Still playing a lot of juniors this year and even a few sophomores. This year isn't going to have us go anywhere....maybe 7 wins. Next year, however, I believe we have the possibility of making a nice run.

The birds are VERY injured right now and it showed. I hope they are able to heal up and get healthy. At several points in the game, the D had 3 sophomores , 6 juniors, and 2 seniors on the field... SC was too much for them to handle... by the way, the big lineman is a beast for SC.

 

Kid is fantastic no doubt. Biggest hit was from that tiny #2 corner from SC where he about broke Wogan in half. WHAT A SHOT!

 

Are you referencing when we had given up and started working kids in, or was this still in the first half or early Q3?

Kid is fantastic no doubt. Biggest hit was from that tiny #2 corner from SC where he about broke Wogan in half. WHAT A SHOT!

 

Are you referencing when we had given up and started working kids in, or was this still in the first half or early Q3?

 

Quarters 2, and 3...

Wow... when is the last time highlands gave up 71 points???

 

Honestly as much as a bird fan that I am this is gross to see. This is not the highlands that I know. I grew up in the 90's played during the stretch of '07 to '09 state champs so all I know is highlands being premier football. This is hard for me to comprehend. It used to be a proud thing to say you played for highlands not real sure if it's the same anymore.

 

Any team that gives up 71 points is not top 3 in their region. Come on birds...

Edited by StrongSide

I'll agree. Still playing a lot of juniors this year and even a few sophomores. This year isn't going to have us go anywhere....maybe 7 wins. Next year, however, I believe we have the possibility of making a nice run.

 

A lot of juniors playing as an excuse??? Come on, I'm a birds fan and if juniors aren't impacting the game I don't expect them to impact the game as seniors.

A lot of juniors playing as an excuse??? Come on, I'm a birds fan and if juniors aren't impacting the game I don't expect them to impact the game as seniors.

 

Pay attention. We have very few seniors that start this year. You honestly think that's not young? Sophomores starting? Come on man.

 

An excuse? Nope. We got beat like a drum. A reason we got beat like a drum is more like it. That team is much, much better than we are.

Wow... when is the last time highlands gave up 71 points???

 

Honestly as much as a bird fan that I am this is gross to see. This is not the highlands that I know. I grew up in the 90's played during the stretch of '07 to '09 state champs so all I know is highlands being premier football. This is hard for me to comprehend.

 

Any team that gives up 71 points is not top 3 in their region. Come on birds...

 

Last year I'm pretty sure it was damn close. The majority of the games the D gave up 50+. O believe the average was 42.

I think the question is how many losses/blowouts before a regime change is demanded?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.