ESPN Has gone way too far now in their idiocy

Hellbird

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think removing him from the game only because of his name might have hurt their image a little more? I do.

They should have just switched their commentary crews around and not made a deal of it. That's where the silliness comes in.

Honestly, I’d be pretty salty if I was ESPN’s Robert Lee – unless they gave me a better gig (it must be a bit painful calling UVA football anyway, lol!)

And with that comment, I've probably just jinxed the UofL game vs. UVA - lol

Honestly, I’d be pretty salty if I was ESPN’s Robert Lee – unless they gave me a better gig (it must be a bit painful calling UVA football anyway, lol!)

And with that comment, I've probably just jinxed the UofL game vs. UVA - lol

I'll be just fine if the pattern from the first three years of this fixture holds for one more season: close game at UVA followed by thorough beat-down by Cards at PJCS.

I am reminded of these Bible verses from Matthew 23:26-28.

26 Blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup, so that the outside also may be clean.

27 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites. You are like whitewashed tombs, which appear beautiful on the outside, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and every kind of filth.

28 Even so, on the outside you appear righteous, but inside you are filled with hypocrisy and evildoing.

The media is obsessed with Twitter. It is lazy and now controlling narratives to appease potential "backlash" in a 140 character medium that is not reflective of most.

ESPN was forced to apologize last week for holding a Fantasy Draft auction where players heads were placed on sticks. Shaun King demanded it, ESPN acquiesced. And people wonder why NFL franchises are hesitant to sign Kap.

Stay twoke :thumb:

They should have just switched their commentary crews around and not made a deal of it. That's where the silliness comes in.

Lee is the one that asked ESPN to move him off the game to a different one. ESPN quietly did so. Race baiter extraordinaire Clay Travis spun it out of context, ESPN was forced to respond and here we are...

Lee is the one that asked ESPN to move him off the game to a different one. ESPN quietly did so. Race baiter extraordinaire Clay Travis spun it out of context, ESPN was forced to respond and here we are...

There's the least surprising thing I've heard all day. Travis is at the fore of the online outrage machine.

It was a smart preemptive move, no doubt. Getting it out this way is better than the in-between they would have been caught up in had he called the game. It is more so just sad it has gotten to this point.