Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who bought lottery tickets?

Featured Replies

I seldom ever play the lottery, but after hearing some folks at the clerks office today, I swung buy a store and picked up some. I think I'm on a heater ever since I got my .22 cents back from AT&T. :laugh:

  • Replies 68
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll grab some every now and then when the jackpot is way up. What's it at now?

I'll grab some every now and then when the jackpot is way up. What's it at now?

 

Think it's over $300M

Both Powerball and Mega are over $300 Million.

 

Can't win if you don't play!

I don't get the "Taxation of the poor". I'm not poor and I play every once and a while. I don't play b/c it gets over a certain amount, I play when I have cash on me, I happen to stop at a place that sells powerball and I think about it. Heck winning 10 million is just as good as 300 million to me.

I'll probably play this afternoon.

I think I'll chip in $2 with co-workers. We usually do that when it's high.

I usually play at work, but the guy we had do this isn't around anymore so the wife or I usually pickup a couple tickets.

I throw $2 at the PB every Wed & Sat. Figure I'll hit it when I'm in my 80's and can't enjoy it like I would if I hit it now.

  • Author
I don't get the "Taxation of the poor". I'm not poor and I play every once and a while. I don't play b/c it gets over a certain amount, I play when I have cash on me, I happen to stop at a place that sells powerball and I think about it. Heck winning 10 million is just as good as 300 million to me.

 

You can afford to gamble a few bucks every once in a while, the poor can't.

I don't get the "Taxation of the poor". I'm not poor and I play every once and a while. I don't play b/c it gets over a certain amount, I play when I have cash on me, I happen to stop at a place that sells powerball and I think about it. Heck winning 10 million is just as good as 300 million to me.
It is often referred to as a regressive tax in that the people who can least afford it spend the most on the lottery. And the money they are spending is grocery, rent and utilities money. (They aren't using their cigarette and beer money. Some things are sacred :D )

I did, and will again tonight. I turned my $15/wk tobacco habit into a $6/wk lottery habit, and hopefully will turn that into a $193.2M/tomorrow habit.

In my unscientific survey, approximately 85.9% of those buying lottery tickets / scratch-offs at my local Speedway also bought cigarettes. Of those, 87.3% also bought some sort of Monster / Red Bull type product.

 

*Your results may vary*

  • Author
In my unscientific survey, approximately 85.9% of those buying lottery tickets / scratch-offs at my local Speedway also bought cigarettes. Of those, 87.3% also bought some sort of Monster / Red Bull type product.

 

*Your results may vary*

 

Most common purchase at a Family Dollar is a smoke and a coke. (Actually Mountain Dew). But that didn't sound as good.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.