Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who bought lottery tickets?

Featured Replies

In my unscientific survey, approximately 85.9% of those buying lottery tickets / scratch-offs at my local Speedway also bought cigarettes. Of those, 87.3% also bought some sort of Monster / Red Bull type product.

 

*Your results may vary*

 

Little Debbie's and a lottery ticket please. :wave: That's why I never go in. :lol2:

  • Replies 68
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in a group with 5 other people.

 

We put in $5 a week. We have been playing the same numbers since 1998.

 

We toss in a couple of extra bucks a drawing when it gets high like this.

  • Author
I am in a group with 5 other people.

 

We put in $5 a week. We have been playing the same numbers since 1998.

 

We toss in a couple of extra bucks a drawing when it gets high like this.

 

Have you ever hit anything decent? Love to know what you have spent versus the return over that time span.

We got 4 and the mega ball one time. That's $5k. So we played for free for about 2 years.

 

Outside of that we have had several $50 or less winners. We save all of those winnings for when it gets big and add extra.

 

I figure I'm out $3500-$4000 or so over 19 years

In my unscientific survey, approximately 85.9% of those buying lottery tickets / scratch-offs at my local Speedway also bought cigarettes. Of those, 87.3% also bought some sort of Monster / Red Bull type product.

 

*Your results may vary*

 

Nope, I got the same numbers.

Have you ever hit anything decent? Love to know what you have spent versus the return over that time span.

 

I know I've posted this before, we have a group at FedEx that have been putting $2 a week for about the last 15 years. About 5 plus years ago we hit 4 of the 5 numbers and the Powerball, we got $10,000 which amounted to $355 each after taxes. Had we hit the 5th number we would have each received $7.4 million each. :cry:

 

Every X-Mas the person who takes care of collecting and cashing in the tickets gives us our winnings.....sort of like a X-mas bonus, we usually get about $50 a year.

I'll play about once a month whenever the urge hits, I don't really pay attention to the current ammount.

 

If I hear it's huge, I'll throw a couple of bucks that way...but my play is pretty sporatic.

  • Author

Every X-Mas the person who takes care of collecting and cashing in the tickets gives us our winnings.....sort of like a X-mas bonus, we usually get about $50 a year.

 

At $2.00 per week wouldn't that be net loss of about $50 per year?

Was really hoping this morning when I checked the numbers I was going to be able to roll over and say goodbye to work.

One ticket. No numbers.

2 Tickets. No Numbers

Did someone win the Powerball last night? When is the Mega Millions drawing?

 

Mega Millions is Tuesdays and Fridays. Powerball is Wednesdays and Saturdays.

 

Nobody won last night.

At $2.00 per week wouldn't that be net loss of about $50 per year?

 

I've spent that much, and more, on stupider stuff. :lol2:

I gladly donate to the state education fund.

 

Mrs. C1 enjoys the "scratchies" especially the crossword ones. I worked with a welder on a job who according to him is up about $4000 after 5 months this year. He just plays $20 scratch offs. After taxes he made $11000 playing them last year. So according to him the $20 scratchies are the way to go!

 

I'm just too frugal to be dropping $20 a scratch off...:lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.