Who bought lottery tickets?

TAC

In my unscientific survey, approximately 85.9% of those buying lottery tickets / scratch-offs at my local Speedway also bought cigarettes. Of those, 87.3% also bought some sort of Monster / Red Bull type product.

*Your results may vary*

Little Debbie's and a lottery ticket please. :wave: That's why I never go in. :lol2:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in a group with 5 other people.

We put in $5 a week. We have been playing the same numbers since 1998.

We toss in a couple of extra bucks a drawing when it gets high like this.

Have you ever hit anything decent? Love to know what you have spent versus the return over that time span.

We got 4 and the mega ball one time. That's $5k. So we played for free for about 2 years.

Outside of that we have had several $50 or less winners. We save all of those winnings for when it gets big and add extra.

I figure I'm out $3500-$4000 or so over 19 years

In my unscientific survey, approximately 85.9% of those buying lottery tickets / scratch-offs at my local Speedway also bought cigarettes. Of those, 87.3% also bought some sort of Monster / Red Bull type product.

*Your results may vary*

Nope, I got the same numbers.

Have you ever hit anything decent? Love to know what you have spent versus the return over that time span.

I know I've posted this before, we have a group at FedEx that have been putting $2 a week for about the last 15 years. About 5 plus years ago we hit 4 of the 5 numbers and the Powerball, we got $10,000 which amounted to $355 each after taxes. Had we hit the 5th number we would have each received $7.4 million each. :cry:

Every X-Mas the person who takes care of collecting and cashing in the tickets gives us our winnings.....sort of like a X-mas bonus, we usually get about $50 a year.

Every X-Mas the person who takes care of collecting and cashing in the tickets gives us our winnings.....sort of like a X-mas bonus, we usually get about $50 a year.

At $2.00 per week wouldn't that be net loss of about $50 per year?

I gladly donate to the state education fund.

Mrs. C1 enjoys the "scratchies" especially the crossword ones. I worked with a welder on a job who according to him is up about $4000 after 5 months this year. He just plays $20 scratch offs. After taxes he made $11000 playing them last year. So according to him the $20 scratchies are the way to go!

I'm just too frugal to be dropping $20 a scratch off...:lol2: