Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Debt Ridden Couple Commit Suicide

Featured Replies

I'll keep my opinion of suicide to myself because it's probably not popular, but virtually everyone has some sort of debt. As someone who has unnecessary debt myself, you only have yourself to blame for it, most of the time.

Wow....how would you like to drive up on that mess?

 

Selfish if you ask me and as far as a Go Fund Me page....not sure I can get behind that.

Strange how the mind works and how what might have been seen by the couple, as the best way out for them and thus their children, will affect their children far worse in the long term. Sad really for all their family and friends.

Wow. Very sad that this couple could not see a way out.

"The best things in life are not things."

I young man (late teens maybe 20) that I worked with a few years ago hung himself because of debt and being hounded by collections. He didn't see any way out of it and his parents were very poor and couldn't help. So instead of talking to anyone, like most young people he thought that if he didn't know an answer that no one else would either, he bought a rope and a ladder went out deep into a local park and hung himself...he had around $1,200 in credit card debt.

So sad.

 

Of course I read this article immediately after signing a contract for my first home purchase. I'm about to be in some serious debt too.

Hope they didnt have life insurance, cause if they did no one will get a dime. People are stupid sometimes.

Wow....how would you like to drive up on that mess?

 

Selfish if you ask me and as far as a Go Fund Me page....not sure I can get behind that.

 

I thought the same thing about the go fund me page.

 

Kinda interesting from a psychological point of view. I can see one parent getting overwhelmed and committing suicide, but BOTH? Very sad. Tough legacy to leave your children.

Hope they didnt have life insurance, cause if they did no one will get a dime. People are stupid sometimes.

In most states the contestability period is two year. After that you will be able to collect on a suicide.

I am just sorry that anybody could feel that badly about themselves and/or their circumstances that they conclude dying is better than living. May God comfort their family.

I'll keep my opinion of suicide to myself because it's probably not popular

 

Got a feeling that I'd mostly be in your camp.

In most states the contestability period is two year. After that you will be able to collect on a suicide.

 

Really, how bout that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.