theguru

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TIL Lexington is in Northern Kentucky.

I mean, it is in the north half of Kentucky... :lol2:

[ATTACH]62772[/ATTACH]

Yep, I found that comment rather weird myself.

And as far as western/eastern/northern KY is concerned, it really depends on who you talk to. I wonder if the author of the above article realizes that there are many who live in Paducah, Mayfield, Carlisle/Fulton/Hickman counties and other areas "out west" who don't consider BG western KY, and that there are many east of Lexington that think the state pretty much ends around Elizabethtown. And not a single person who lives in Lex would consider themselves "northern KY". :lol2:

Courier-Journal columnist Joe Gerth could have just taken that ludicrous column for what it was and just left it alone. He didn't.

'Elitist' Louisville and Lexington prop up small-town Kentucky | Joseph Gerth

Hummm...well...if one didn't think of Louisville as "elitist" even after reading the original BG column, one might think of them that way now after reading the Gerth article. He didn't do himself or Louisville any favors with several of his comments.

Hummm...well...if one didn't think of Louisville as "elitist" even after reading the original BG column, one might think of them that way now after reading the Gerth article. He didn't do himself or Louisville any favors with several of his comments.

Most Louisvillians I know accept and embrace the fact that the rest of the state looks down on Louisville in any and every way they can. We know how great our town is and really don't lose any sleep over what people who never spend any time here think.

Most Louisvillians I know accept and embrace the fact that the rest of the state looks down on Louisville in any and every way they can. We know how great our town is and really don't lose any sleep over what people who never spend any time here think.

Nothing really says that better than just ignoring it when someone else throws a stone at them. I really am surprised they bothered to respond at all. I think it would have been a better approach.