Alzheimer's sucks

All Tell

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayers to you and everyone else whose been affected by it.

My grandmother died one year ago today while suffering badly from this disease, but I can assure you it took her mind long before then. Her husband also suffered from it before his death in 2008, and we still have voicemails from him on intears about how badly it messed up his reality.

I worry about the day that it comes to affect my parents generation or my own generation, and pray a cure/permanent treatment is found soon.

Prayers for you. Lost my Mom after a long battle with it two years ago. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

You may have done this already, but make sure you have power of attorney and guardianship documents or someone else does so that when the point comes that she can no longer make decisions, someone else can do so in her behalf. The longer in the disease one waits, the harder it is to get the paperwork as the person becomes paranoid.

Thoughts and condolences All Tell. My wife's family have been devastated by this damn disease that has taken her father, her father's brothers and so far one of her brothers have been diagnosed.

• 3 weeks later...
Lost my Dad yesterday, his battle with this horrible disease is over and he is now at peace. My continued prayers for your mom, All Tell and for you.

My sympathy to you. It is hard to watch someone with the disease deteriorate. IMO it's as bad as or worse than Cancer.

Lost my Dad yesterday, his battle with this horrible disease is over and he is now at peace. My continued prayers for your mom, All Tell and for you.
Condolences from here RTS. Gonna be a sweet reunion soon.

My sympathy to you. It is hard to watch someone with the disease deteriorate. IMO it's as bad as or worse than Cancer.

Condolences from here RTS. Gonna be a sweet reunion soon.

I'm so sorry RTS, but I'm glad his suffering on this planet is over.

Thank you all! I appreciate the kind words and prayers! God bless.

So sorry to hear you lost your Dad but his battle and yours with this disease is over. I remember my mother-in-law about a week before she passed kissed me on the top of my head when I was dressing her, somewhere in there was her love. Remember the GOOD TIMES. Papaw and I have you in our prayers.

So sorry about your dad.

So sorry to hear you lost your Dad but his battle and yours with this disease is over. I remember my mother-in-law about a week before she passed kissed me on the top of my head when I was dressing her, somewhere in there was her love. Remember the GOOD TIMES. Papaw and I have you in our prayers.

Thank you both, I really appreciate your kindness.

My heart breaks for you, RTS. Such a devastating illness for the families of those afflicted. My sincere condolences. You are in my thoughts.