Northern Kentucky 4A Football

DHHS#15

Don't quote me on this but I think the third round is actually a team from the West visiting the winner of the "NKY Playoff". Then, the fourth round is the winner of the West/NKY game visiting the Central KY winner. Then, the final is the Central/West/NKY survivor vs. one of the Big Three.

As far as NKY football, I was impressed with Campbell and believe they have a better chance of claiming a spot than SK. I guess that means I think they will beat SK.

You are correct. The two Louisville regions are on the same side of the bracket this year, so no T vs X title game.

As far as how 4A in NKY ends up, who knows at this point. As SM32 mentioned, Boone and Dixie are late bloomers. Yes, they play good competition at the beginning of the year where they are underdogs, but they don't play well in those games, and it's not totally because of the opposition. At least for Dixie, if you look at their lineup for the first game and compare it to the lineup for the 4th game, it's always different, and it's not because of injuries. Right now, IMO Ryle is the favorite, but it's way too early to tell. Every year, we hear, "this is Ryle's year. They will easily win the district. They will go far into the playoffs.". However, each year, they colapse at the end of the year. Last year, everyone was saying the same, and Dixie blanked them the last game of the year.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct. The two Louisville regions are on the same side of the bracket this year, so no T vs X title game.

As far as how 4A in NKY ends up, who knows at this point. As SM32 mentioned, Boone and Dixie are late bloomers. Yes, they play good competition at the beginning of the year where they are underdogs, but they don't play well in those games, and it's not totally because of the opposition. At least for Dixie, if you look at their lineup for the first game and compare it to the lineup for the 4th game, it's always different, and it's not because of injuries. Right now, IMO Ryle is the favorite, but it's way too early to tell. Every year, we hear, "this is Ryle's year. They will easily win the district. They will go far into the playoffs.". However, each year, they colapse at the end of the year. Last year, everyone was saying the same, and Dixie blanked them the last game of the year.

A little bit of exaggeration, nees. We only heard this about Ryle last year, certainly not every year since Ryle has just gotten back to being a very good team again these past two seasons. Last year, I don't remember anyone talking about a deep run into the playoffs but rather a NKY 4A district title. This year's Ryle team is much better than the 2005 team that had the same record in district play as Dixie (6-1). For proof that this year's team is superior, we all just have to wait and see if I am right or not. Last year does not matter, but for the record, there was no collapse vs. Fern Creek, just vs. Dixie which included a combination of factors including a great effort by Dixie and poor play by Ryle. I notice that quite a few Dixie supporters on BGP are pretty hung up on talking about last year since it is mentioned regularly. Ryle is hung up on this year. Go Raiders.

A little bit of exaggeration, nees. We only heard this about Ryle last year, certainly not every year since Ryle has just gotten back to being a very good team again these past two seasons. Last year, I don't remember anyone talking about a deep run into the playoffs but rather a NKY 4A district title. This year's Ryle team is much better than the 2005 team that had the same record in district play as Dixie (6-1). For proof that this year's team is superior, we all just have to wait and see if I am right or not. Last year does not matter, but for the record, there was no collapse vs. Fern Creek, just vs. Dixie which included a combination of factors including a great effort by Dixie and poor play by Ryle. I notice that quite a few Dixie supporters on BGP are pretty hung up on talking about last year since it is mentioned regularly. Ryle is hung up on this year. Go Raiders.

I hope that they prove us all wrong. I think the Raiders are the best team in 4A NKY right now. They have historically been a good opponent for Dixie and I don't think that this year will be any different. I remember the talk of previous years a little differently than you, but thats OK. Good luck to you. See ya soon.

It's just my opinion. I recall Ryle always being talked up big, and then falling way shy of expectations. I'm just not ready to jump on their bandwagon. I will give credit where credit is due, meaning I think they're 1st in the district right now. However, there's still plenty of football to be played, and if history holds true, Ryle will falter. Therefore, I won't say they're a lock for 1st in the district. The only thing that Dixie fans are hung up on last year is that our team was off to a slow start this year with the core returning starters from last year. It has confused us why this happened, but it helps prove the fact that senior leadership goes a long way, which is something your Raiders have this year that can get them over the hump.