Kentucky Roster for the Kentucky/Indiana All Star Game

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kentucky will always be a long shot to win these games due population differences. Indiana has twice the population as Kentucky.

I tend to agree. Took a look at the cenus from 2013, to give u an idea and probably roughly the same. Indiana;

Indianapolis- 843,393

Fort Wayne- 256,496

Evansville- 120,310

South Bend- 100,886

Kentucky;

Louisville- 597,337

Lexington- 295, 803

Bowling Green- 58,067

Owensboro- 57,266

Covington- 40,640

Lots of basketball opportunities for kids in Indianapolis in terms of aau events, training, and coaching as well.

KY All Star staff needs to go back to selecting the team and not having a tryout. The tryout this year was essentially for show. Having kids who did not attend the tryout make the team doesn't make sense. Either go with a draft or go with a true tryout. There were some selections that are questionable given some of the players that were not selected. This event is not about putting the best players on the floor to get a chance to win, but I suspect Indiana selection may have the same issues.

KY All Star staff needs to go back to selecting the team and not having a tryout. The tryout this year was essentially for show. Having kids who did not attend the tryout make the team doesn't make sense. Either go with a draft or go with a true tryout. There were some selections that are questionable given some of the players that were not selected. This event is not about putting the best players on the floor to get a chance to win, but I suspect Indiana selection may have the same issues.

I couldn't agree more. The politics of the selection may be at an all time high. I know a player that got an invite, but declined to go because he knew what the outcome would be. I imagine there were a few other kids that shared that opinion.

Did they charge a fee for people to come watch the tryouts? I know they did one year....2014 maybe...when it was at Georgetown. I went to that one and paid to get in. It was worth it too. Quick way to make some easy money. That could have been a reason why they had tryouts instead of just selecting a team.

Also, can anyone share the players who were at the tryouts who were not selected? There were some names on the invitation list who I would have thought would be on the team but were not.

From the 12th Region, Peyton Gover (Southwestern) and Noah Young (Lincoln Co.) were invited.

Here is a link to the all-time Indiana teams, but I have never been able to find one listing all of the Kentucky All-Stars.

I believe I saw a program (perhaps from the 1970's) that listed all of them, but don't have that now.

IBCA/IndyStar.com: Annual Indiana versus Kentucky All-Star Games - Indiana Basketball Coaches Association | IBCA

Here is a link to the all-time Indiana teams, but I have never been able to find one listing all of the Kentucky All-Stars.

I believe I saw a program (perhaps from the 1970's) that listed all of them, but don't have that now.

IBCA/IndyStar.com: Annual Indiana versus Kentucky All-Star Games - Indiana Basketball Coaches Association | IBCA

I sent an email to the folks at KY Lions to see if they will send me a list of all the Ky rosters. If/when they send it to me, I'll post it.