Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why do some people hate wealthy people?

Featured Replies

I don't dislike wealthy people but I don't understand them. If I "had money" there wouldn't be a stray animal euthanized in my part of the state, however big that could be with what I had.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't despise the wealthy.

 

Bill Gates, for example, I have an enormous amount of respect for him and his attempts to give back through money and actions.

 

How about POTUS Trump? Rupert Murdoch? The Koch Brothers?

How about POTUS Trump? Rupert Murdoch? The Koch Brothers?

 

Well...the first two are terrible examples of philanthropists.

 

I have more respect for the Koch Brothers even though I disagree with their politics.

I don't hate the wealthy at all. I wish I knew more wealthy people. I do hate the wealthy that looks down on others because they aren't wealthy. I also hate the wealthy who gets their self worth from their wealth.

  • Author

Here's my viewpoint: hate the player, not the game.

Well...the first two are terrible examples of philanthropists.

 

I have more respect for the Koch Brothers even though I disagree with their politics.

 

I thought we were just talking about the wealthy. :idunno:

So the general concensus is that if wealthy people use THEIR money properly they are OK?

Some of it is jealousy, but for me, it's when wealthy people don't know how to treat people and think they should be "above" others in some way because they have more money.

What is wealthy? I am serious. I know several self made businesspeople who have net worth north of $3 million, some $15 million. They are hard working common people and meeting them you would not know their net worth. So how wealthy are you talking about.?

What is wealthy? I am serious. I know several self made businesspeople who have net worth north of $3 million, some $15 million. They are hard working common people and meeting them you would not know their net worth. So how wealthy are you talking about.?

 

Well, if you earn $25,000 or more annually, you are in the top 10% of the world’s income-earners.

Wealthy people do not bother me. Greedy people bother me and greedy wealthy people bother me even more.

Meeting Clyde changed my view on the wealthy. They're not all bad people, in fact, some are quite friendly.

Meeting Clyde changed my view on the wealthy. They're not all bad people, in fact, some are quite friendly.

 

Pimpin' ain't easy...he earned it. :D

Pimpin' ain't easy...

 

For some of us it is. :banana:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.