April 26, 20179 yr Meeting Clyde changed my view on the wealthy. They're not all bad people, in fact, some are quite friendly. Which car did he drive?
April 26, 20179 yr Many years ago when I had lost my job, I attended seminars and watched videos to possibly sell water filters to help the finances...."buy a filter or be a filter" they say. The CEO of the company was somewhat of an inspirational speaker which is helpful when one is unemployed, and he made a statement that has stuck with me. "Money will make a person more of what they already are. If the person is a jerk when they get money...they will become a bigger jerk. If the person is a nice person when they get money...they will become a nicer person." I think there is some truth to that.
April 26, 20179 yr Wealthy people do not bother me. Greedy people bother me and greedy wealthy people bother me even more. Excellent point! There are people who are wealthy who have earned it through their hard work, smarts, taking risks, and these people deserve every penny. There are some people who overly value their money, and will do anything to get it and often times at the expense of others....I have zero use for this type of person.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.