Isaiah Briscoe enters the NBA Draft & will hire an Agent

ZJH

I wish him well. Can't blame anyone for following their dream.

He has a lifetime scholarship at UK and can comeback any time.

I think the average European salary is around $90,000. There are those that make a lot more. I think Miller was in the $320,000 range.

Keep in mind though, even at $90,000. That is all tax free, and most players are provided housing and expenses.

$90k with no taxes or expenses is a pretty good gig.

I don't think they pay zero tax. There's a pretty large exemption they get, like $90,000, but income beyond that I think they would pay on. Also not sure how the foreign tax works for Americans.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he waits two more years to earn a single dollar playing basketball, that's two less years of earning any money. And the majority agree his draft stock won't rise during those two years.

Go play for pay now while you can. Father Time remains undefeated.

Nik Calathes made a little more than 2 million this year, on top of free lodging and a free car. I don't understand why anyone goes to the Dleague unless you know you can make it to the NBA and you were a college underachiever, like Poythress, or maybe an Andrew Harrison.

• 2 months later...
Harrison twins 2.0, not a great athlete and not very fast. He will have to find his role and become great at it in whatever league he ends up in.

Is that really so bad. It looks like Andrew is making about 3M over 3 years and Aaron made 365k last year.

Harrison twins 2.0, not a great athlete and not very fast. He will have to find his role and become great at it in whatever league he ends up in.

As much as people hate on the twins. At the end of the day they played huge roles on making the finals as freshman and starting 38 and 0 before losing in the final four. Quite simply they won. Which is something Briscoe can't say he did.

With that said Briscoe never got to play his true position at UK. So who knows how he would have looked as a true pg, which he is.

He didnt get to play his position in college because he wasnt near good enough. But the pro game is different , they have scorers everywhere and might be happy with a guy who doesnt look to score . But his legendary ( ha ha ) defense needs improving big time

He didnt get to play his position in college because he wasnt near good enough. But the pro game is different , they have scorers everywhere and might be happy with a guy who doesnt look to score . But his legendary ( ha ha ) defense needs improving big time

He didn't get to play his position in college because UK had one of its best pg and floor general ever in Ullis during Briscoe freshman year. Then his sophomore year UK had a top 3 pick in Fox at pg.

He definitely was good enough to play the pg spot at UK, and if he played it we may all have thought of him differently. He was use to being the one with the ball and running the offense. If he did that in college I think his game may have flown better. He was not an ideal guy to have play off the ball. So when he did get it, he did try to force things to much. I think he would have looked much different and thought of much different if he played pg here. He just happened to play with two dang good pgs while here.