• Patch
    • Untrapped
    • Lookin at Lee
    • Sonneteer

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that if a horse scratches by sometime on Friday, then the first AE can enter the field and if two such horses do this then both can get in. If field is reduced to 19, then yes they leave the one hole open.

I believe that is Jose Ortiz

I made some good money betting Irad, but lost more betting against Jose.:irked: Both of them are good jockeys, really surprised that Irad didn't get a mount.

I'm still scratching my head with Gary Stevens getting an AE mount. :idunno:

Ha...Churchill can afford it. The Breeder's Cup called them on not up-keeping their facility and said they had to improve vastly if they wanted to continue hosting Breeder's Cup races. Churchill snapped their fingers and agreed to drop almost $500 Million over the next 5 years.

Then while they were in the money-spending mood, they decided to completely renovate the Trackside facility off Poplar Level Road in Louisville...top to bottom.

If they're saying they can afford memorabilia, they're absolutely blowing smoke.

How often do museums actually buy the items they put on exhibit? Most all the stuff you see at any museum is on-loan. Basically the entire Civil War Museum in Bardstown is on-loan from one person. It's an amazing tour. Really shocked me how good it was.

I find it interesting that the early money is on Always Dreaming, and that the ML fave Classic Empire is the 4th favorite among the Big 4 that all opened at 6-1 or below.

This year is not like the past few where there was a clear favorite. Could open some doors for something unexpected.

Of the Big 4, I liked McCracken the best and used him in a couple exactas. Did the same with Classic Empire and took a stand against the other two. Mixed in a couple longshots as well.

If there'd been about a half-furlong more to run in the Oaks, I'd have had a nice day betting today's races at Turfway. Played 2x on the 12 and it was flying at the end for an $11 place finish. Just missed the exacta in the prior race, as I had the 1-7 and the 7 faded to 3rd in the turf race. Just missed twice. Still won $5.60 on the day but spent $9 in programs and $3.75 for a much-needed Super Dog. My buddy bought the beers since I drove through that miserable rain. I did keep my outlay on Derby bets to under $50, which is good for me.

Current Odds

#

Horse

Odds

1 Lookin At Lee 25-1

2 Thunder Snow (IRE) 17-1

3 Fast and Accurate 33-1

4 Untrapped 59-1

5 Always Dreaming 9-2

6 State of Honor 47-1

7 Girvin 21-1

8 Hence 16-1

9 Irap 36-1

10 Gunnevera 9-1

11 Battle of Midway 39-1

12 Sonneteer 36-1

13 J Boys Echo 43-1

14 Classic Empire 7-1

15 McCraken 6-1

16 Tapwrit 29-1

17 Irish War Cry 5-1

18 Gormley 23-1

19 Practical Joke 32-1

20 Patch 13-1

I find it interesting that the early money is on Always Dreaming, and that the ML fave Classic Empire is the 4th favorite among the Big 4 that all opened at 6-1 or below.

This year is not like the past few where there was a clear favorite. Could open some doors for something unexpected.

Of the Big 4, I liked McCracken the best and used him in a couple exactas. Did the same with Classic Empire and took a stand against the other two. Mixed in a couple longshots as well.

If there'd been about a half-furlong more to run in the Oaks, I'd have had a nice day betting today's races at Turfway. Played 2x on the 12 and it was flying at the end for an $11 place finish. Just missed the exacta in the prior race, as I had the 1-7 and the 7 faded to 3rd in the turf race. Just missed twice. Still won $5.60 on the day but spent $9 in programs and $3.75 for a much-needed Super Dog. My buddy bought the beers since I drove through that miserable rain. I did keep my outlay on Derby bets to under $50, which is good for me.

I originally started with Classic Empire as my pick to win but I am with you on McCracken. He's my favorite. Got quite a few trifecta boxes featuring both those and some long shots.

Got about 7 I feel comfortable finiahing top 3. One of the other 13 does, well it was fun mapping it out lol.