Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Selection Show Updates

Featured Replies

Chuck and Clark both picked Louisville to the Final Four.

 

First Bracket run through, I have them there also. I always fill one out as soon as it drops without over thinking and I have the Cards winning that Region

  • Replies 121
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chuck and Clark both picked Louisville to the Final Four.

I can see UL going in a run. I still think W Virginia is the scariest team that can make

waves

Just making this a quick post. I realize you didnt complain about FSU or Florida playing in Orlando, or Kansas playing in Oklahoma, or UK/Louiville playing one state over. Again, it happens every year, they try to play teams close the first two rounds.

 

Actually was noting what you are pointing out. They are loading certain locations that ensure packed arenas. Greensboro gave all the NC schools a home away from home opportunity. Nothing wrong with that. Other than geography it does not look like Duke got any break for their great run. And Duke probably cares less about geography with the national fan/alumni base.

 

And Louisville did a good draw seed and location wise. They must have a lot of this set up ahead of time. #2, close to home was not expected.

Rick and Richard Pitino first ever father/son duo to coach in the same NCAA tournament.

 

I'm surprised the way the committee is they didn't have them playing in the first game or in the round of 32 if both would win. lol

Absolutely. No one can claim Duke got a favorable draw this year.

 

But yet people do.

UNC and Duke in Greenville, SC. They are stacking some of these locations.

 

Potential Duke/South Carolina game in South Carolina. Some stack for the higher seed.

  • Author
I can see UL going in a run. I still think W Virginia is the scariest team that can make

waves

 

Only team in our bracket I wouldn't be confident against is Kansas.

 

That being said, they could lose to Michigan on Sunday and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

  • Author

10-seed Wichita state is a 6.5 point favorite over 6-seed Dayton.

10-seed Wichita state is a 6.5 point favorite over 6-seed Dayton.

 

Shockers are ranked 8th in KenPom.

I don't really see UofL getting past Michigan.

But yet people do.

 

I would be one of the first to say it it if they did get an easy draw. But honestly they got hosed. Should have had UNC's 1 seed.

  • Author
I don't really see UofL getting past Michigan.

 

Definitely depends on which UofL team shows up. They could easily lose to Michigan, or blow them out.

10-seed Wichita state is a 6.5 point favorite over 6-seed Dayton.

 

These aren't your Shockers that were hyped up and undefeated in the regular season a few years back. But they have no business being a 10 seed. They still have a solid team.

Potential Duke/South Carolina game in South Carolina. Some stack for the higher seed.

 

Other that staying close to home the first round the committee did Duke no favors this year for sure. Remember, they do not look at match-ups for tickets or TV ratings - they just seed how the teams records dictate...yeah, right.

 

But if Duke were to lose to SC, even with the game in SC, then we may need to turn in our "ACC is better than SEC" cards.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.