March 13, 20179 yr No they shouldn't have. The committee member explained it perfectly. Said this whole seeding started Wednesday. Duke was a 4 seed Wed. And made the biggest jump in the entire bracket. They didn't get a 1 because they would have had to jump a team that won both their conference AND Conference tournament which I believe he was referring to UK. UK won all their games since the NCAA committee released their top 16 teams last month and to have Duke jump over UK would not have been fair at all when it came to seedings. I explained my thoughts in the Duke/ND thread. Take a look.
March 13, 20179 yr Just saw Andy Katz interview with the head of the selection committee and he said no seeds changed today and that Duke was not even considered for a #1 seed because they could not go past both Kentucky and Arizona since they had both won their league title and conference tournament.
March 13, 20179 yr I explained my thoughts in the Duke/ND thread. Take a look. I read your thoughts just now in that forum and you are wrong and the committee proved you wrong. Your entire thought process was wrong from the beginning. Duke in no way shape or form deserved a #1 seed and in no way shape or form deserved to be seeded higher than UK or Arizona for that matter. Duke had one of the worst sos outside their conference of anybody and the fact that they had 8 losses on top of that kept them from being a 1 seed.
March 13, 20179 yr Just saw Andy Katz interview with the head of the selection committee and he said no seeds changed today and that Duke was not even considered for a #1 seed because they could not go past both Kentucky and Arizona since they had both won their league title and conference tournament. Thank you. That is what I said also but the Duke diehards don't want facts to get in there way.
March 13, 20179 yr ESPN Crew: Jay Bilas has in the elite 8 Nova/Duke; ND/Arizona; Kansas/Louisville; Carolina/UCLA: Final 4 Duke/Arizona; Louisville/Carolina: Final Duke/Carolina: Winner North Carolina. Jay Williams elite 8 Nova/Duke; Zags/Arizona; Kansas/Oregon; Carolina/UCLA: Final 4 Duke/Arizona; Kansas/Carolina: Final Duke/Carolina: Winner Duke Seth Greenberg elite 8 Nova/Duke; Zags/Arizona; Kansas/Oregon; Carolina/UCLA: Final 4 Duke/Arizona; Kansas/UCLA: Final Arizona/UCLA: Winner UCLA Rece Davis elite 8 Nova/Duke; Zags/Arizona; Iowa State/Oregon; Carolina/UCLA; Final 4 Duke/Zags; Oregon/Carolina: Final Duke/Carolina: Winner: North Carolina Dicky V-All they would allow him due to time was the final he had Zags/Carolina and the winner North Carolina. Interesting?
March 13, 20179 yr UCLA is getting picked by almost everyone that I saw to make the Final 4. What I cannot understand is why North Carolina is not receiving much love.
March 13, 20179 yr UCLA is getting picked by almost everyone that I saw to make the Final 4. What I cannot understand is why North Carolina is not receiving much love. I think it's because UNC has been too inconsistent. When UCLA is healthy they are the most dominate team I've seen play all year.
March 13, 20179 yr I read your thoughts just now in that forum and you are wrong and the committee proved you wrong. Your entire thought process was wrong from the beginning. Duke in no way shape or form deserved a #1 seed and in no way shape or form deserved to be seeded higher than UK or Arizona for that matter. Duke had one of the worst sos outside their conference of anybody and the fact that they had 8 losses on top of that kept them from being a 1 seed. Tell me more. :popcorn:
March 13, 20179 yr Tell me more. :popcorn:Well, seeing how I stated why UK should still be ahead of Duke, and the committee agreed. I'm still waiting for a valid reason that Duke should be higher seed than UK. Using the injury excuse and the cramps excuse isn't a valid reason and seeing how that was your only reasoning, then you're explanation falls way short.. Like I said, every team has injuries and players get cramps all the time. If you want to use those excuses for Duke then you have to use the same excuses for every team in the field. :popcorn:
March 13, 20179 yr Well, seeing how I stated why UK should still be ahead of Duke, and the committee agreed. I'm still waiting for a valid reason that Duke should be higher seed than UK. Using the injury excuse and the cramps excuse isn't a valid reason and seeing how that was your only reasoning, then you're explanation falls way short.. Like I said, every team has injuries and players get cramps all the time. If you want to use those excuses for Duke then you have to use the same excuses for every team in the field. :popcorn: If looking for injury excuses, how is Fox's absence at times not factored in? Or Mulder who was playing well in his role until the mono thing happened.
March 13, 20179 yr If looking for injury excuses, how is Fox's absence at times not factored in? Or Mulder who was playing well in his role until the mono thing happened.That's my point!!! JDEaston said the reason Duke should be a 1 seed was because they had injuries and Allen had leg cramps lol, and those losses should be wiped out and not used to determine Duke's seeding lol. Can anyone on this forum seriously say that Duke doesn't deserve a 1 seed and keep a straight face? I didn't think so! Seriously, I'll help you look at it a little more objectively. Go all the way back to November and look at the preseason rankings, who was #1? Duke. Some will say yeah, but they have 8 losses! Actually no, they don't, forget about number in the loss column of their overall record, it's deceiving. A couple of their early season losses they didn't even have their whole team due to injuries, so throw those losses out. Then they had to sit Grayson Allen because he was having muscle spasm's in his legs and they lost a game or two due to that. Then when they finally got everyone healthy, K's back started hurting again and he had to take a leave of absence, which resulted in a few more losses. Thankfully he made a miraculous recovery and could be seen jumping up and down on the sideline in his first game back. Now that everything is back to normal Duke is playing great and just won the ACC tournament. So when you look at it objectively Duke really only has a couple of losses and even though they have looked sloppy at times throughout the season, that shouldn't matter because you have to seed them based on how they are playing in present time. So seriously, how could the NCAA not give them a 1 seed? I'll go as far as saying that if Duke is not awarded a 1 seed then there must be some anti Duke bias on the committee.
March 13, 20179 yr Well, seeing how I stated why UK should still be ahead of Duke, and the committee agreed. I'm still waiting for a valid reason that Duke should be higher seed than UK. Using the injury excuse and the cramps excuse isn't a valid reason and seeing how that was your only reasoning, then you're explanation falls way short.. Like I said, every team has injuries and players get cramps all the time. If you want to use those excuses for Duke then you have to use the same excuses for every team in the field. :popcorn: My entire post about Duke's seeding was meant to be a joke lol. I'm not a Duke fan at all. Next time I'll have to remember to add a sarcasm emoji at the end. Sorry about the confusion, I didn't mean to get you all worked up.
March 13, 20179 yr Louisville and Kentukcy will both be on CBS. I found the times along with the channel the games will be on here is the link: College Sports: March Madness: Game times, TV schedule for the NCAA tournament's earliest games | SportsDay Thanks for the link! :thumb:
March 13, 20179 yr My entire post about Duke's seeding was meant to be a joke lol. I'm not a Duke fan at all. Next time I'll have to remember to add a sarcasm emoji at the end. Sorry about the confusion, I didn't mean to get you all worked up. I read your post thinking this guy is off his rocker, nobody is gonna believe he's serious.. I was wrong...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.